The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

7 hours ago, oblong said:

His announcement was Trump trading cards.  The photo is as ridiculous as it sounds.  $99 for the set.  I won't link to it.

When I. Heard this earlier, I honestly thought “that can’t be true.. that’s not actually the “announcement”, that’s someone making fun of him, right?”…

Then I see that this WAS his announcement. I’m flabbergasted. (How often do you get a chance to use THAT word).

Seriously?  How was this received by his followers?  They can’t be accepting/ making excuses for this, can they?

It has to be embarrassing to at least some of them, no?  How could it not?

2 hours ago, oblong said:

I almost want them to give it to him because clearly they are too stupid to have money. 

Speaking of which...

Why doesn't he just become a Preacher of the Prosperity Bible and straight up bilk people. With his "showmanship". He wouldn't have to pretend to be a businessman or a politician anymore. He could just straight up tell everyone "the Loooooord Loooooves me and he wants you to give me all of your money". He could make MAGA Millions into his pocket.

And it's legal !!!

9 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Speaking of which...

Why doesn't he just become a Preacher of the Prosperity Bible and straight up bilk people. With his "showmanship". He wouldn't have to pretend to be a businessman or a politician anymore. He could just straight up tell everyone "the Loooooord Loooooves me and he wants you to give me all of your money". He could make MAGA Millions into his pocket.

And it's legal !!!

I'm sure in Trump's inflated self-image religious grifting is too far down the Grift Hierachy for someone who's had so much prior success with the more upscale political girft.

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm sure in Trump's inflated self-image religious grifting is too far down the Grift Hierachy for someone who's had so much prior success with the more upscale political grift.

Gotta evolve with the times though...

He ain't president no more and DeSanctimonious is stealin' his thunder!

Time to turn to The Looooooooord!!!!

11 hours ago, oblong said:

I almost want them to give it to him because clearly they are too stupid to have money. 

The far-right internet personality known as "Baked Alaska" was less than pleased with former President Donald Trump's announcement Thursday that he's launching a series of digital trading card NFTs.

"i can't believe i'm going to jail for an nft salesman," Baked Alaska, whose real name is Anthime Gionet, tweeted Thursday afternoon.

Gionet participated in the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol and later pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building. The charge carries a sentence of up to six months, and Gionet's sentencing hearing is scheduled for January 12.

Buyer beware?  There's been ample warning of FraudyFive.  Maybe listen and think a little more next time.

The grift is even better than it appears...

Yes, they are NFTs, but unlike others of these digital art pieces, the people foolish enough to purchase a Trump Trading Card don’t actually own the things they paid for, at least not in the traditional sense. If any buyer decides to sell their Trump card in a secondary market, they don’t get all the proceeds. The fine print reveals that 10% of every secondary market sales goes right back to Trump and his fellow grifters. For more details, buyers are told to click the link to terms and conditions. Buyers have to confirm they read the terms and conditions but…the terms and conditions are nowhere to be found.

https://threats.substack.com/p/trumps-trading-card-grift-is-worse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

Couldn't you just have right clicked/Save As and got the JPEG's for free?

Trump says they sold out!  How can you you sell out of digital cards?  The next thing he'll do is sell another set, this time for $199.  And people will still buy them.  Incredible.  

11 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It could be either.  Many of his supporters are dumb enough to buy them.  Why anyone would buy an NFT from anyone is beyond me.  It's a total scam.    

I'm sure there are idiots who bought these cards and Trump has no issue taking their money, but I believe the whole thing is to launder money. Getting a few dumbasses to buy the cards helps give create a legitimate front.