The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

another major delay though. If he was going to do this he could have done it the day he was appointed. It's not like it was difficult to see where things would end up.

If Garland wants to convict Trump, he has to have enough evidence in hand before he indicts. It's probably why Garland didn't indict Trump the day he was appointed. Had he done so and lost because his case wasn't buttoned down, it would probably go down as the biggest swing-and-miss in Justice history.

• Like 1

It's starting to land with me that indicting Trump would be doing the rest of the Republican Party a huge favor. That way they don't have to be the bad guys kicking Trump out—they can hold their hands up to the base and say, hey guys, we don't want this either, but it's the Deep State and they have all the cops, so what can we do?

The only wild card is whether they can herd those Trumpiest of red hats into DeSantis's corral.

31 minutes ago, chasfh said:

If Garland wants to convict Trump, he has to have enough evidence in hand before he indicts. It's probably why Garland didn't indict Trump the day he was appointed. Had he done so and lost because his case wasn't buttoned down, it would probably go down as the biggest swing-and-miss in Justice history.

RIght, but just to clarify I didn't mean to imply indict the day he was appointed - I meant put an SP in place the day he was appointed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

It's starting to land with me that indicting Trump would be doing the rest of the Republican Party a huge favor. That way they don't have to be the bad guys kicking Trump out—they can hold their hands up to the base and say, hey guys, we don't want this either, but it's the Deep State and they have all the cops, so what can we do?

The only wild card is whether they can herd those Trumpiest of red hats into DeSantis's corral.

They won’t get all of them.  Question is how many “I didn’t vote for trump but will vote for Ron” people there are.  

22 hours ago, chasfh said:

This right here is why I think that Trump might legitimately have a chance to go to jail. The Republicans want rid of him and will publicly decry it while secretly supporting it.

10 hours ago, chasfh said:

Trump knows he’s going to stay out of prison. I think he’s running for the money and the fascism.

It's for money, attention and revenge.  He'd probably enjoy some of the fruits of fascism if it happened, but I really don't think he likes being president.     

13 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

It's for money, attention and revenge.  He'd probably enjoy some of the fruits of fascism if it happened, but I really don't think he likes being president.     

Trump definitely loves the power that comes with being President of the United States of America. I completely agree he has no interest in the actual work involved.