The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

this is the Garland memo, references the Barr memo and further policy; the effing 12/6 GA run off better not delay arresting Trump

Garland's very simple explanation should be:

the American people have waited long enough for justice, they cannot wait any longer

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22089098-attorney-general-memorandum-election-year-sensitivities

the nuances of DOJ policy analysis are beyond me, but Garland cites to the Barr memo.

so while he may be modifying it, or clarifying it, I don't think he is overruling it. i could be wrong.

big picture: when DOJ came up with these policies, I do not think they gave enough thought to the idea that a life long criminal could become president and use these policies (which were meant to protect candidates and elections) to insulate himself from justice, to the detriment of the American people

44 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

70M+ Americans are ready to vote for this idiot to be president

Oh this is beautiful. 

Eating each other alive

DeSantis gets the 2024 nom and Trump runs as an Independent knowing he's going to fuck them over.     

Can't wait.    Imagine the debate with DeSantis and the Democrat looking at each other in disbelief as Trump goes nuts on stage.   

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

another major delay though. If he was going to do this he could have done it the day he was appointed. It's not like it was difficult to see where things would end up.

Many of the same people working the case now will be working under the special counseling. I don't see it delaying much. It at least tries to give off impartiality. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Many of the same people working the case now will be working under the special counseling. I don't see it delaying much. It at least tries to give off impartiality. 

We can hope. But if they nominate some kind of steady-eddy-non-controversial plodder who decides he has to review every page of the case files himself ---- well you get the idea.

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

another major delay though. If he was going to do this he could have done it the day he was appointed. It's not like it was difficult to see where things would end up.

I see the special council as a direct result of his announcement. Until that they wouldn’t appoint one otherwise then they claim they’re being too mean.