The Idiocracy of Donald J. Trump

chasfh

59 minutes ago, pfife said:

He’d better have some decent personal security, because I can envision any number of MAGA loyalists (who must recognize the really precarious position DJT finds himself in this evening) taking steps to eliminate any possibility of “loose lips” sinking the S.S. Trump.

6 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

He’d better have some decent personal security, because I can envision any number of MAGA loyalists (who must recognize the really precarious position DJT finds himself in this evening) taking steps to eliminate any possibility of “loose lips” sinking the S.S. Trump.

I'd hate for someone to attack him with a hammer.

12 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Talk about a pretty sweet deal: they could literally shoot the guy dead at high noon on Fifth Avenue and, in the eyes of the Foxified universe, successfully pin it on Antifa.

By way of reminder, Trump is an overt litmus test for this campaign. His campaign-stealing is the #1 trait hundreds of candidates are embracing, and they are actively vying for his endorsements by clamoring to show up at his rallies. So please, let’s not pretend he is simply a retired statesman trying to live his life in peace and privacy.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:07 PM, pfife said:

We've see. This act multiple times before.   He talks tough about testifying then never does.   I absolutely believe he was talking tough about testifying

Talk talk is all he's got.  It's his entire schtick.  And his followers fall for it every time.  

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Do we know it won’t? Honest question.

if there is some stupid memo written decades ago that says presidential candidates cannot be charged with a crime to protect them from politicized DOJ, Garland should literally burn that memo on TV, and proclaim the American people deserve to be protected from criminals

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 11:31 AM, chasfh said:

Talk about a pretty sweet deal: they could literally shoot the guy dead at high noon on Fifth Avenue and, in the eyes of the Foxified universe, successfully pin it on Antifa.

So now, less than a week later, is this still true?  It seems like now, shooting guys on Fifth Avenue might have some consequences after all.  If Rupert Murdoch is giving him a wedgie, how far behind can Fox News be?

The time is right for an indictment, right now.  No reason to keep stalling.  Those riots that were supposed to happen if he was indicted?  Protests will happen, but not with enough people to even block a street.

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

So now, less than a week later, is this still true?  It seems like now, shooting guys on Fifth Avenue might have some consequences after all.  If Rupert Murdoch is giving him a wedgie, how far behind can Fox News be?

The time is right for an indictment, right now.  No reason to keep stalling.  Those riots that were supposed to happen if he was indicted?  Protests will happen, but not with enough people to even block a street.

In the eyes of a Foxified universe? Sure. To the rest of us? Definitely not. The trick lies in who’s got the power to exert their will over the other at a given time.

We all want Trump to get indicted months, even years ago. When Merrick Garland does, he better have all his ducks lined up in a perfect little row, because he has exactly one shot to get it exactly right. Because you know what they say: you go after the king, you best not miss.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:02 AM, chasfh said:

Do we know it won’t? Honest question.

I know we are talking avoid indictments, but in 2016 both candidates were under fbi investigation during the race.   I don't recall anyone every saying Hillary couldn't be indicted but she was a Democrat and a woman so the law is probably different for her

• Thanks 1