6/11 4:10 Blue Jays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

24 minutes ago, kdog said:

I understand letting Tork work things out in the majors. I don't get it with Haase...especially when he has no defensive value.

Like Grossman, last year was a fluke. You have to know when to try someone else.

Like a different hitting coach? 😁

Yeah I just don't get why we haven't brought in a new hitting coach. Sure there's a good chance that it wouldn't help but really how much could it hurt to atleast try? This is one of the worst offenses in the last 100 years and virtually everybody is performing WAY below their career norms or expectations and we're not gonna atleast try to bring in another set of eyes or voice to see if they could identify the problem? 

• Thanks 1

Anyone else watching the broadcast from out of town on MLB.tv? The source where they clobber you with the same commercial repeatedly? Apparently, it’s Loan Depot’s turn.

I hate hate hate the music playing underneath the customers giving the testimonials. It’s this creepy-sounding vibrato keyboard thing that serves only to distract.

I think I figured out exactly why I hate it: it starts out like Clair de Lune, which causes the song to go in that direction in my head, and then it goes in some other direction, and I become very unhappy.

The moment I see the commercial start, I go “LALALALA!” very loudly until I can locate the remote and press the mute button.

It’s the same as the Draft Kings commercial: the moment I hear the generic studio rock guitars blare out, I race to mute it before the ugly blonde can come on to tell me how I can Make. It. Rain.

32 minutes ago, kdog said:

I understand letting Tork work things out in the majors. I don't get it with Haase...especially when he has no defensive value.

Like Grossman, last year was a fluke. You have to know when to try someone else.

Grossman is a career .247/.350/.380 hitter. Last year he hit .239/.357/.415. 

I really wouldn't classify his performance as some big fluke, pretty normal variation.

2 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Grossman is a career .247/.350/.380 hitter. Last year he hit .239/.357/.415. 

I really wouldn't classify his performance as some big fluke, pretty normal variation.

the home runs are the big fluke. Plus he will be 33 by the end of the season. He won't be part of a contending Tigers team based on our trajectory. I'm looking for guys who will be here in a few years.

Edited by kdog

13 minutes ago, kdog said:

You could carry Haase if Barnhart was hitting I guess. But his OPS is bad he's supposedly here for framing and defense.

So we have to carry Barnhart and let a home run hitter sit on the bench. And we're not scoring runs or hitting homers. Got it....pure logic.