6/11 4:10 Blue Jays @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Especially with the limited innings our starters are giving us. Usually the more a BP is exposed, the worse they get. This BP may be for real. 

There will be some regression, but I do think with Lange and Vest in particular, they really have found something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I wonder what the limit is for innings  for Faedo and Brieske this season?

Brieske tossed about 105 last season so I would be surprised if they let him go more than 140-150, which is 100 more.  I don't know what kind of plan you need for guy coming off TJ, whether it will more of a pitches per outing thing or a total IP thing, but no doubt they will limit him someway.

Edited by gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, kdog said:

And Willi's hitting numbers have regressed to match his babip. Same as he ever was. Let's get something out of Vic Reyes before he crashes back to his normal output.

So many AAAA OFs that none of them get enough run to show much. Right now Reyes and Cameron should get the nod over Castro or Haase or Hill. Grossman is going to be the tougher call if Reyes or Cameron hit consistently. You aren't benching Meadows and I think the odds are Riley's bat is not going to let them keep him at AAA very long.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sabretooth said:

I was there today and screamed "YES!!! THANK YOU!!!" when this was flashed on the board.  I had just finished a nice conversation with a Blue Jay fan about how I was still upset about this injustice.

That's sweet! I wonder if they did other things like this that have gone unnoticed? Like when the Yankees were in town show a Yankee fan that is looking down on his luck and put something like "That feeling when you realize your team has never beat the Tigers in the playoffs before." 

13 hours ago, buddha said:

hail fetter, full of grace

the lord is with thee

blessed art thou among coaches,

and blessed is the fruit of thy efforts: the bullpen.

Give us this game our scoreless late innings,

And forgive us our “offense”

As we forgive those past bullpens who have trespassed against us.

And lead us not into last place,

But deliver us from 100 losses.

• Like 1