The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

The union story should be the leading story on every news channel. The ultimate battle between workers and corporate greed. But of course that doesn't happen. Imagine that.

But they are moving some of the suicide net factories from China to Vietnam, so we can still buy $100 microwaves, so it's all good.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Or are you just claiming VICTIM STATUS now...?

I've re-read everything leading up to your 'track record' comment up until now and I have no idea what you're talking about in reference to me claiming to be a victim.  You said it was ok for the left and media to destroy Trump IF he oversaw what happened to the unions in this railroad legislation because of his track record.  I've simply pointed out that you all excuse Biden and he WAS the one to oversee it as it happened.

I later joked that Fetterman has a 'track record' of defending unions and if we take his word at face value, once he gets a vote, we're going to be in a scary situation when and if he chooses to actually defend unions as our entire country could go into economic collapse. 

8 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I've re-read everything leading up to your 'track record' comment up until now and I have no idea what you're talking about in reference to me claiming to be a victim.  You said it was ok for the left and media to destroy Trump IF he oversaw what happened to the unions in this railroad legislation because of his track record.  I've simply pointed out that you all excuse Biden and he WAS the one to oversee it as it happened.

I later joked that Fetterman has a 'track record' of defending unions and if we take his word at face value, once he gets a vote, we're going to be in a scary situation when and if he chooses to actually defend unions as our entire country could go into economic collapse. 

Right... but after that, IIRC without actually looking,  you made several posts in which you stated that YOU can't say anything because the left/ media will bash you because of "track record", or political party. I'll go look and copy in posts/ quotes... 

But IIRC, it had the distinct appearance that, because I made the comment about Trump having a dismal track record, you were taking it upon yourself to state that YOU could no longer post anything without suffering partisan prejudiced heat because of my "track record" comment.

Which is just not accurate. You can post anything you want... and you or I may catch a lot of heat for holding a position when everyone else is disagreeable... but I would never want you to feel that you're not allowed to post or hold onto your position because "track record" or political persuasion will catch you grief for no reason other than that. 

21 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Has Herschel accepted defeat or is he saying it was stolen? 

21 hours ago, romad1 said:

He did a very good concession speech.  i think he learned from playing on the Dallas Cowboys how to lose gracefully. 

21 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Good for him.   Kari Lake could learn a thing or two for him but she should be glad she lost, she'll make a lot more money with her Fox News show.  

It would not surprise me to learn that Herschel Walker was relieved at losing. He seemed really half-hearted about the whole thing at the end. He is a deeply stupid man, but he's probably smart enough to know he wasn't qualified to be a senator.

Kari Lake, on the other hand, strikes me as lusting to become Donald Trump's heir to become supreme MAGA leade. Arizona governor was just a stepping stone in the career trajectory in her mind, I think.

I don't think Sinema had much choice if she wants to be able to run for re-election. The AZ Dems have come to hate her - she probably couldn't get the nominination so she needs to try to build an independent brand. Probably too late for that now though. At least Bernie has an ostensible position that give him an excuse to separate. 

Sinema is not going to switch parties.  She wants to keep her committee assignments.  From what I've read this is simply about trying to not lose a D primary in '24.

Even if she doesn't caucus it's 50-49 D's.  No practical change to what we expected in the senate.

55 minutes ago, oblong said:

Sinema is not going to switch parties.  She wants to keep her committee assignments.  From what I've read this is simply about trying to not lose a D primary in '24.

Even if she doesn't caucus it's 50-49 D's.  No practical change to what we expected in the senate.

That’s why she needs Joe Manchin to join her. They can hold either party hostage at will.

8 hours ago, oblong said:

This is all about 2024, although it won't be enough to save her given her approval ratings are likely the worst of any sitting Senator.

Really the only practical impact her move today has is about if she ultimately chooses to run as an independent and who she's draw votes from. It potentially makes her a spoiler candidate and makes it harder to win the seat for Ds depending on where Sinema would draw support