The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

After the COVID blue/gold rotations at work, i'm not listening to any arguments about paid sick leave being a great evil.  The people who actually do work and want to move the ball are always going to be chomping at the bit to work and the bus-riders will always be bus-riders.  

8 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

We're not hurting workers and creating famine all over the world... Russia is.

And if Biden and the dems didn't force the unions to accept the deal you could have just as simply argued that Biden and the unions weren't causing economic pain, the corporate railroads were.  Instead the railroads and Biden imposed their will on the employees and they aren't allowed to fight back. 

8 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Ewsieg... you seem to be triggered by the Dems winning in the mid-terms. Warnock has you down? Fetterman has you upset and fully triggered?

Take two aspirin and get a good nights sleep and maybe you'll feel better tomorrow morning...?

I'm not triggered.  I hoped for this, actually I hoped they would hold the house too but still this was like winning the lottery.  I'm still confident this 'broke the back' of the GOP and will result in a major refocus which should bring some more sanity back to the party.  

What i'm not inclined to do is to claim I won and turn a blind eye to the party I voted into power and chose to believe they are always making the best decisions and that I should never question them.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I interpret Fetterman's comments as advocating that the companies provide their employees seven days of sick leave. 

I dont see anything in there making a judgment about whether the negotiated deal should or shouldn't have been enforced

Similar to when 1984 says 'track record' allows you to infer something bad about someone (based on your own personal beliefs), I claim track record with Fetterman.  His rhetoric has always been supportive of workers over corporations and has stood with workers and unions.  Based on his track record, I think that in addition to saying he thinks companies should give them employees some paid sick leave, I think he's saying he would actually vote to allow that. 

As explained to me, in this circumstance, a vote to give paid sick leave, or even worse, a vote to allow the union to strike, would have crippled the economy and on a balance of give the workers a crumb or deal with the only other alternative, bankrupting the country, he would have voted for the employees (aka bankrupting the country).  

Words matter, you guys advocated for a guy willing to destroy the country just to give a few union workers, who will probably still vote for dems anyway, a few paid sick days off.  There is no pay off for dems here, he needs to shut his mouth, fuck over workers, and take their money every 4 years when he claims he'll help them on another vote....without producing.

5 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Similar to when 1984 says 'track record' allows you to infer something bad about someone (based on your own personal beliefs), I claim track record with Fetterman. 

At this point, since you are now in the business of adding meaning to comments that dont really say what you say they are saying, it seems clear that there isn't a whole lot of point continuing on this particular discussion. Have a nice day.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ewsieg said:

It's adorable how hard the dems fucked over workers and yet still are going to claim they are the party of workers.  It's adorable how much you all defend them too.

There would have been a lot more workers fucked over if the railroad workers went on strike. I also seem to recall the majority of Democrats voted to add sick pay and it was the Republicans who voted against it. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

There would have been a lot more workers fucked over if the railroad workers went on strike. I also seem to recall the majority of Democrats voted to add sick pay and it was the Republicans who voted against it. 

But he could have blamed the railroads, so NBD.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yes, after they split up the vote to allow them to vote the way they did, knowing it would fail if separated.  

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

There would have been a lot more workers fucked over if the railroad workers went on strike.

The Railroads should be blamed, they are the ones that did this.  There is only one solution, they give workers paid sick leave.  Until then, it's the workers fight and as long as they want to fight, we should support them.  

If we let the railroads just have their will, where will it stop?  Next time there is a corporation vs worker issue, the corporation will know they can just run over the worker and no one will help.  

You folks that choose appeasement disgust me.

Just now, ewsieg said:

The Railroads should be blamed, they are the ones that did this.  There is only one solution, they give workers paid sick leave.  Until then, it's the workers fight and as long as they want to fight, we should support them.  

If we let the railroads just have their will, where will it stop?  Next time there is a corporation vs worker issue, the corporation will know they can just run over the worker and no one will help.  

You folks that choose appeasement disgust me.

We chose the pragmatic solution. Democrats supported adding sick pay. Republicans did not but that doesn't disgust you. 

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

We chose the pragmatic solution. Democrats supported adding sick pay. Republicans did not but that doesn't disgust you. 

My disgust comment, and quite a few of my comments over this issue were said with some jest involved. 

But while overall I understand the reasoning why both parties chose to avoid any corporation/employee strike, don't pretend that the democrats made some valiant attempt to give the workers anything.  They punted the issue and made it look like a 'win' before the election, then they split the vote to ensure that the end result was the exact same thing you would have gotten with the GOP, with the only caveat being that they can claim they tried to help. 

I actually defended Fetterman as in my view, his tweet indicated he would have fought for the workers more.  I was assured that Fetterman's comments said no such thing.  It apparently was the same ole Dem's, all talk with no indication there would ever be any action. Maybe he will fit in the party.

35 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Good for him.   Kari Lake could learn a thing or two for him but she should be glad she lost, she'll make a lot more money with her Fox News show.  

I saw her on some clip with 3 others doing a "prayer circle" about the "stolen election"

On 12/6/2022 at 1:28 PM, ewsieg said:

...  I said Trump would have ... he would have been roasted by the unions, the left, and the media for doing exactly what Biden did here. 

It is interesting to me that, where I specifically referenced Trump here, when I said that...

HE has a TRACK RECORD... 

That now, you ewsieg, are referring to YOURSELF as having, what, the exact same track record as Trump?

Are you now saying that you are EXACTLY the same as Trump now? Because you are taking my comment referencing Trump's Assholery Track Record as the reason he will be excoriated for almost ANYTHING that he does (because he IS that contemptible) and are now applying it to yourself.

Or are you just claiming VICTIM STATUS now...?

20 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

It is interesting to me that, where I specifically referenced Trump here, when I said that...

HE has a TRACK RECORD... 

That now, you ewsieg, are referring to YOURSELF as having, what, the exact same track record as Trump?

Are you now saying that you are EXACTLY the same as Trump now? Because you are taking my comment referencing Trump's Assholery Track Record as the reason he will be excoriated for almost ANYTHING that he does (because he IS that contemptible) and are now applying it to yourself.

Or are you just claiming VICTIM STATUS now...?

WTF.

Stop the damn personal attacks.

People are allowed to have contrary positions. 

Honestly… you need to back away. 

2 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

WTF.

Stop the damn personal attacks.

People are allowed to have contrary positions. 

Honestly… you need to back away. 

This was NOT a personal attack Sue.

I specifically referenced Trump.

ewsieg commandeered that reference for himself.

I'm asking him about that.

Do you not see that?