The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

9 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Two things about that spot:

1. They should have washed out the color on the Trump clip, if not made it in black and white.
  2. There is a danger that this very spot will motivate Republican voters because their still hero appears in it looking like a normal politician.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If Republicans come to the table in 2024 with Trump as their nominee and only having done a bunch of investigations on Biden, his family, Anthony Faucci, etc. they will get wiped out. Short of a catastrophic economic collapse or 9/11 sized tragedy, they will pay a heavy political price for having no agenda and only spending the last 2 years acting like a bunch of goons.

Oh I think I said this exact same thing above...

But... you said it just so much better. More concise and to the point!

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Yeah...

That was NOT a one-way street.

They willingly sucked up to Trump.

Hard.

They sure like those judges and Supreme Court Justices he got to appoint though, including I'm sure Mr. Robison whose now suddenly critical of Trump. Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

I’ve been surprised by how quiet the noise about “voter fraud” has been, but as we get closer to the moment of truth, the noise is getting steadily louder, and its effect is getting closer to the actual levers of power.

January 3 is going to be a mess.

Edited by chasfh

24 minutes ago, oblong said:

Why was the runoff in GA in 2020 on January 5, but this year it's Dec 6?  Did they change it or was there another reason?

Georgia changed the law earlier this year to shorten the time between the general and runoff elections. Basically lawmakers felt that the longer time between elections was too exhausting to the candidates and election officials.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/georgias-new-voting-law-affects-senate-runoff-rcna57152

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Georgia changed the law earlier this year to shorten the time between the general and runoff elections. Basically lawmakers felt that the longer time between elections was too exhausting to the candidates and election officials.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/georgias-new-voting-law-affects-senate-runoff-rcna57152

I'm sure Atlanta TV stations beg to differ 😄