The 2022 Midterm Elections

chasfh

35 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

They tell me Trump has charisma so I figured her TV skill and filter would would have more charisma than Trump.

The electorate was tired and fearful of the demagoguery I guess.  So, the more she attacked and lashed out at the normies, the more the normies were against her. 

If the Republicans are serious about wanting Trump out of the way, there are more than a few things he can be convicted on...............Might be their only way to get rid of him, but his followers are still going to run in primaries and if there are 3 or 4 people in a race, they'd only need 30% to win.    

Clowns to the left of you, Jokers to the right.  here you are, stuck in the gutter with Trump. 

10 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Honestly, why did she let him keep talking? These people don’t respect the rules, so why didn’t she start shouting him down, like Trump would? Her apparently chastened silence is completely off-brand for her and her ilk. She looks red hat weak just sitting there taking punches. Maybe that’s what cost her votes?

Or, perhaps it’s one of those things where they either explicitly or tacitly acknowledge the truth while they’re in a nonpartisan public forum, and then afterward they completely pretend it didn’t happen and start hammering home talking points to their partisan base predicated on lies about what was said in the debate? Am I making sense?

Edited by chasfh
Added some points, clarified others

Just now, chasfh said:

Honestly, why did she let him keep talking? These people don’t respect the rules, so why didn’t she start shouting him down, like Trump would? Her apparently chastened silence is completely off-brand for her and her ilk.

Maybe it’s one of those things where they either explicitly or tacitly acknowledge the truth while they’re in a nonpartisan public forum, and then afterward they completely pretend it didn’t happen and start hammering home talking points to their partisan base predicated on lies about what was said in the debate?

I was wondering that myself since her and MTG were cackling like a couple of howler monkey's during Biden's state of the union. 

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Honestly, why did she let him keep talking? These people don’t respect the rules, so why didn’t she start shouting him down, like Trump would? Her apparently chastened silence is completely off-brand for her and her ilk. She looks red hat weak just sitting there taking punches. Maybe that’s what cost her votes?

Or, perhaps it’s one of those things where they either explicitly or tacitly acknowledge the truth while they’re in a nonpartisan public forum, and then afterward they completely pretend it didn’t happen and start hammering home talking points to their partisan base predicated on lies about what was said in the debate? Am I making sense?

Because she's too fucking stupid to think on her feet.      

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Anyone who's had kids and participated in their school functions like joining the PTA, volunteering, etc. knows precisely who she and MTG are.  Every school has moms like them.  Always in everyone's business.  Trying to get in good with the principal and teachers.  Pulls strings so their kids get "the good 4th grade teacher".   Sneaks into the sales ahead of time to get the good stuff before the general public does.  It's all about them.  Not the kids.

Oblong will know what I am talking about.   When driving on Outer Drive from Michigan towards Southfield there is a house on a corner on Outer Drive & Alice and that house ALWAYS has political signs out for all the Republican talking points.  It doesn't have to be an election year.    In the last week every time I drive by that house I burst out laughing.   

image.thumb.png.3b1b50480584126484422ef6e0bef6e4.png

28 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Oblong will know what I am talking about.   When driving on Outer Drive from Michigan towards Southfield there is a house on a corner on Outer Drive & Alice and that house ALWAYS has political signs out for all the Republican talking points.  It doesn't have to be an election year.    In the last week every time I drive by that house I burst out laughing.   

image.thumb.png.3b1b50480584126484422ef6e0bef6e4.png

yes.  And across the street is a person who counter points his signs.

From local facebook groups I've learned that this family is a good family but the guy who puts the signs up is way out there, obviously.   On my running route that intersection is .3 miles away. 

27 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Huh, I have been reliably told for years that only the libs live in echo chambers 🤔

It’s cautious good news that one of the alt righties is actually starting to question the faith. I say cautious because even the hard righties were lambasting Trump after January 6—at least for a week, anyway. So get me past this hot period before I conclude there’s been any kind of sea change. 

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It’s cautious good news that one of the alt righties is actually starting to question the faith. I say cautious because even the hard righties were lambasting Trump after January 6—at least for a week, anyway. So get me past this hot period before I conclude there’s been any kind of sea change. 

Unlike January 6th, they are paying for it at the ballot box and are losing elections. 

45 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Echo chamber..................you alienated young people and the Supreme Court made a decision on the one thing that would absolutely sway the vote away from you with suburban women.     Even with inflation as high as it is, you start screwing with women's rights........you lose both of those voting blocks.     

56 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Echo chamber..................you alienated young people and the Supreme Court made a decision on the one thing that would absolutely sway the vote away from you with suburban women.     Even with inflation as high as it is, you start screwing with women's rights........you lose both of those voting blocks.     

Repeal the 19th and 26th Amendments!

Votes only for white male landowners over 40!