2022 MLB Draft

RandyMarsh

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Not really.  They said he was a decent defender, who would start off in center, but might end up in a corner.  There was never any talk about him being stiff and slow and maybe not having a position.    

I heard a number of people saying he was likely below average in a corner and some were projecting him as a DH

2 minutes ago, 4hzglory said:

I heard a number of people saying he was likely below average in a corner and some were projecting him as a DH

Here’s are just a couple that says he may end up at 1b. 
https://lastwordonsports.com/baseball/2019/05/24/riley-greene-2019-mlb-draft-profile/

https://www.fishstripes.com/2019/5/28/18640927/2019-mlb-draft-prospects-florida-gators-baseball-commit-riley-greene-scouting-report-highlights

• Like 1

Let’s get him signed and playing before we call him a bust at 2B.  As was tweeted, he was dealing with a hip injury this season, which might have impacted his power and mobility. 

His bat profile is completely lacking throughout the entire organization, so I’m excited to draft him.  Maybe not Matt Shepard-excited, but pretty darn close.

18 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

He's not necessarily a DH.  It's just that when I hear red flags about a prospect's defense he usually winds up being a bad defender.  We'll see.   

No one is saying he's a bad defender. What they are saying is his range and arm are a bit short of major league average.

2 minutes ago, 4hzglory said:

I don't doubt somebody said that, but the consensus seemed to be that he could be a good corner outfielder.  At any rate, I am not encouraged what I am hearing about Jung's defense.  If he lives up to his potential as a hitter, they'll find a spot for him though.  

36 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Let’s get him signed and playing before we call him a bust at 2B.  As was tweeted, he was dealing with a hip injury this season, which might have impacted his power and mobility. 

His bat profile is completely lacking throughout the entire organization, so I’m excited to draft him.  Maybe not Matt Shepard-excited, but pretty darn close.

Since Avila is picking, it’s probably best to assume bust and make the kid prove otherwise. 

32 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

How many players do we have in the org who can hit for average and power and walk more than they K?  I’ll take average defense with that profile.

I am not complaining about the pick.  If he can hit and be a passable defender somewhere, that would be a good for a #12 pick.  I just don't assume anything with baseball draft picks.  Too many of them fail.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I am not complaining about the pick.  If he can hit and be a passable defender somewhere, that would be a good for a #12 pick.  I just don't assume anything with baseball draft picks.  Too many of them fail.  

Fair.  I guess the question is, was there a better prospect that was chosen after Jung that we should have selected instead? For me, the only one that was close was Neto.

6 minutes ago, TJ Rollercoaster said:

Apparently had been some make-up concerns with Graham, which is why he fell a bit

A guy named Payton probabably thinks he's pretty special...

His profile looks pretty good for second rounder.  He seems to have the potential to be an infielder with good speed and a little power.  

Keep stocking up on hitters and hope a couple of them break through.  

Edited by Tiger337