2022 MLB Draft

RandyMarsh

I'm fine with Jung.  Just glad we didnt take a pitcher, nothing against any of the pitchers or even the fact we've been burned by them for the most part but I just don't think SP are as important in this day and age as they used to with how teams use them.

Barring a select few guys, teams basically just use them to go through the lineup twice every 5 games, it's almost to the point where dominant relievers have more effect on your record than they do cause atleast their limited innings are in high leverage situations. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 minute ago, Hart said:

The way he runs does make me nervous that he will not be able to handle second or third.  Seems very un-athletic.  But at this point, I'd be happy even with a DH as long as we get somebody that can hit.  

From what I have gathered his arm isn't good enough for 3rd so if he's gonna stay in the IF it's likely going to have to be at 2B. But the bat has the potential to be good enough for the OF so if he ends up there it wouldn't be all bad, like most hitters its just going to come down to how well he hits. 

Not saying he is necessarily wrong but let's face it no matter who we drafted Shep would've said it was a great pick. They could've picked me and he'd be like "He's 40 years old with a ton of message board experience so he's not some immature High School kid, he will bring a wealth of knowledge to the young tigers hitters. Great start to the draft for the Tigers!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Not saying he is necessarily wrong but let's face it no matter who we drafted Shep would've said it was a great pick. They could've picked me and he'd be like "He's 40 years old with a ton of message board experience so he's not some immature High School kid, he will bring a wealth of knowledge to the young tigers hitters. Great start to the draft for the Tigers!"

You bring plenty of moxie too!

• Like 1