2022 MLB Draft

RandyMarsh

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Gavin Cross -Good baseball name and sounds like he's a hitter.

Jace Jung - Alliteration is good, but his name is Jace.  He'll be overrated.  

Justin Crawford - Will be overrated because his father played.

Brock Porter - A pitcher with two last names.  That won't work.  

Cole Young - Again, two last names, but a hitter can get away with it.

Connor Prielipp - Just a terrible name and they are already talking reliever.  Forget about him.

You can tell a lot about a player from his nickname.  Avoid "Spaz".

52 minutes ago, Longgone said:

All the speculation is kind of silly. They have their board, the top of which is most assuredly dominated by hitters, but it all depends on who goes before their pick, and then they'll take whoever is their highest rated player remaining.

Eh, it's all the fun of the lead up to the draft, with the MLB club doing as bad as this is as good a distraction as any.

4 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

Given it's a Tigers draft, I'll assume we'll draft the highest rated player who falls to us, and they'll likely either be:

A hard throwing right-hander with injury and control problems 

Or 

A right handed power bat with holes in their swing and problems with pitch recognition 

Front office sent Jim Leyland and David F****** Chadd to scout kids for the draft, so ... one right-handed high school pitcher coming right up.

Welcome aboard, Dylan Lesko.

Edited by chasfh

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Eh, it's all the fun of the lead up to the draft, with the MLB club doing as bad as this is as good a distraction as any.

People talk about the draft like it's the NBA or the NFL draft, but the baseball draft just doesn't have the same impact and it has no immediate impact.  It's is fun to speculate and dream though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

People talk about the draft like it's the NBA or the NFL draft, but the baseball draft just doesn't have the same impact and it has no immediate impact.  It's is fun to speculate and dream though.  

Would help if it 1) college baseball had a much larger following and 2) teams could trade picks.

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Jace Jung - Alliteration is good, but his name is Jace.  He'll be overrated.

I don't believe this qualifies as alliteration.  I believe his last name is pronounced Young; although, if I am incorrect on the pronunciation, I apologize.

50 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Would help if it 1) college baseball had a much larger following and 2) teams could trade picks.

It would make it more interesting for sure, but they still wouldn't make the same impact as NBA first rounders.  

Edited by Tiger337

Speaking of trading draft picks In hindsight it seems ridiculous but I still remember one of the national pundits say back before the 2018 draft that we could've gotten a haul for the 1st pick from a playoff contender due to how good Mize was and how ready he was perceived to be. I'm almost certain it was Law but not a 100%.

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Nothing at the Rule V party involves a recipe.  

I DO have a recipe... that I believe would be appropriate...

It's for a Russian Quaalude:

One shot of Stoli's Vodka, one shot of Kahlua, one shot of Bailey's Irish Cream, one shot of Frangelico hazelnut liqueur. Shaken over ice, and poured into (4) shot glasses. A "White Russian on steroids" shot.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I DO have a recipe... that I believe would be appropriate...

It's for a Russian Quaalude:

One shot of Stoli's Vodka, one shot of Kahlua, one shot of Bailey's Irish Cream, one shot of Frangelico hazelnut liqueur. Shaken over ice, and poured into (4) shot glasses. A "White Russian on steroids" shot.

Doctor recommended prior to the Pick the Stick portion of each pre-game.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Many mocks had all hitters going before the Tigers pick so with Rocker going that frees up atleast one bat at the Tigers pick that many thought wouldn't be there for the Tigers. 

Yep, it frees up one of the bats to fall to 12.

Now go watch them pick Brock Porter lol

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Many mocks had all hitters going before the Tigers pick so with Rocker going that frees up atleast one bat at the Tigers pick that many thought wouldn't be there for the Tigers. 

That’s logical, but probably won’t impact the Tigers if they have locked into someone.