2022 MLB Draft

RandyMarsh

Kind of a meh second day, which is to be expected with their limited draft pool money. Michael in the 10th round is at least an interesting pick for a guy who is probably going under slot. The Tigers still skew more traditional rather than data focused in the draft. But, walking out of the draft with Jung and Graham was much better than I expected going in so it's been a good draft overall.

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

yep.  but I think we'd agree that his performance is unusual for someone drafted in that round.  plus, one of our resident prospect experts already said he's just an organizational guy.  

You take shortstop because they are most likely to move to another porisiton. Hard to move a right fielder somewhere. If kreider is good and you moved Oklahoma boy to center then you've addressed your need.

On the other hand if kreider sucks and you drafted a right fielder you still have no shortstops.

1 hour ago, Scottwood said:

Kind of a meh second day, which is to be expected with their limited draft pool money. Michael in the 10th round is at least an interesting pick for a guy who is probably going under slot. The Tigers still skew more traditional rather than data focused in the draft. But, walking out of the draft with Jung and Graham was much better than I expected going in so it's been a good draft overall.

Couldn’t find much on Michael, except that he’s 24 and gives up dingers.  Any special pitches?

I know that they were trying to go underslot, but the pick I didn't quite understand today was Jake Miller. 

I know they are all lottery tickets, but outside of his relatively good K/9 and BB/9  numbers, didn't see much to suggest any chance of success. 

53 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I know that they were trying to go underslot, but the pick I didn't quite understand today was Jake Miller. 

I know they are all lottery tickets, but outside of his relatively good K/9 and BB/9  numbers, didn't see much to suggest any chance of success. 

Perhaps they are hoping to save enough with all of these college kids that they can do an over slot with a HS player tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

Perhaps they are hoping to save enough with all of these college kids that they can do an over slot with a HS player tomorrow?

They took 3 senior signs. I don't believe they'll need to go overslot on any of their other picks, so they should have some surplus to have fun with.