2022 MLB Draft

RandyMarsh

From MLB.com's "Most Interesting Picks on Day 3" article

Pick 11 (387th overall): Tigers, Dom Johnson, OF, Kansas State (No. 239😞 Johnson could have gone in the 2020 Draft if it hadn’t been shortened to five rounds. He was one of the fastest members of that class coming out of high school, and that remains true here. He led the Cape in steals last summer with 14 and hit .345/.419/.593 with 12 thefts this year after transferring from Oklahoma State to Kansas State.

25 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

These games are super fun to go to. They are literally sold out almost every game though and tickets are ridiculously hard to find..... Baseball can learn something here from them for sure.........

Seems odd that a pitcher playing for an independent team would still be draft eligible vs just being a free agent

30 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Seems odd that a pitcher playing for an independent team would still be draft eligible vs just being a free agent

I believe they compete in a collegiate wood bat league, similar to the Cape Cod League

Edited by mtutiger

10 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

These games are super fun to go to. They are literally sold out almost every game though and tickets are ridiculously hard to find..... Baseball can learn something here from them for sure.........

Tigers new look in uniforms...

11 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

They are fun as a novelty.  I don't think baseball needs to learn from them.  

41 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Trevor Hooth's attempt at an update post-draft.

Luke Gold and Pat Pridgen are the two of the more intriguing picks to me, and it appears to be the case for Hooth as well.

Prospect rankings are just opinions and with that caveat I will say I think Santana and Perez deserve to be higher.  

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Prospect rankings are just opinions and with that caveat I will say I think Santana and Perez deserve to be higher.  

Yeah - if the question is who is most likely to ever see COPA from inside the white lines, Perez has probably risen to at least top 10. If the question is purely max possible ceiling YMMV.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Trevor Hooth's attempt at an update post-draft.

Luke Gold and Pat Pridgen are the two of the more intriguing picks to me, and it appears to be the case for Hooth as well.

is tony giarratano off the list finally?