6/21 7:10pm Tigers @ Red Sox

casimir

11 minutes ago, raind said:

fuck that, the ball hits your glove it should be caught by mlb players.

pretty much, but lack of communication was in play there  he looked down - probably to see where Robbie was instead of knowing Robbie was going to let him catch it. It's importantly not only call what you are going to catch -but also let the other fielder know that it's his ball.

Hinch is extending the young starters another inning because he doesn't want to kill his bullpen. I guess I don't blame him. It backfired yesterday but with Skubal pitching tomorrow, you need to keep this close to at least give your offense a shot.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

Hinch is extending the young starters another inning because he doesn't want to kill his bullpen. I guess I don't blame him. It backfired yesterday but with Skubal pitching tomorrow, you need to keep this close to at least give your offense a shot.

Probably helps that Brieske has pitched better than Faedo did yesterday too. 

So beating a dead horse again we have Austin at 7 mil and Candy at 5 mil (guessing both) totaling 12 mil instead of Isaac at 800K and say Reyes/Cameron at 800K instead of 1.6 mil. Again I was not comfortable with the Meadows trade given Tamba Bay smarts and this is big time hindsight however I don't think Tampa, Cleveland , SF etc like GMs would be in this position. It's just poor value evaluation for the talent. Now Candy had a real good last year and so did Meadows but the common thread of both is the escalation of their pay is above the value of the skill set they provide and getting worse. Good GM's avoid this which is the only way to win without breaking the bank and Al Avila can not do that in my estimation. 

16 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

With a healthy rotation, Brieske and Faedo would probably be bullpen candidates.

Beau doesn't have to improve his command much to reach mid rotation level. They've thrown him out there against some pretty good hitting teams. No guarantee he can make that step but you can see a route for him to get there.

2 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

So beating a dead horse again we have Austin at 7 mil and Candy at 5 mil (guessing both) totaling 12 mil instead of Isaac at 800K and say Reyes/Cameron at 800K instead of 1.6 mil. Again I was not comfortable with the Meadows trade given Tamba Bay smarts and this is big time hindsight however I don't think Tampa, Cleveland , SF etc like GMs would be in this position. It's just poor value evaluation for the talent. Now Candy had a real good last year and so did Meadows but the common thread of both is the escalation of their pay is above the value of the skill set they provide and getting worse. Good GM's avoid this which is the only way to win without breaking the bank and Al Avila can not do that in my estimation. 

635835474432884823-tdndc5-6lv5w010hwnj179c1df-original.jpg