6/21 7:10pm Tigers @ Red Sox

casimir

5 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

So beating a dead horse again we have Austin at 7 mil and Candy at 5 mil (guessing both) totaling 12 mil instead of Isaac at 800K and say Reyes/Cameron at 800K instead of 1.6 mil. Again I was not comfortable with the Meadows trade given Tamba Bay smarts and this is big time hindsight however I don't think Tampa, Cleveland , SF etc like GMs would be in this position. It's just poor value evaluation for the talent. Now Candy had a real good last year and so did Meadows but the common thread of both is the escalation of their pay is above the value of the skill set they provide and getting worse. Good GM's avoid this which is the only way to win without breaking the bank and Al Avila can not do that in my estimation. 

Ironic that the one thing we hate the Tigers for is preaching patience, but every time they do something born out an attempt to move fast to plug a hole, it seems to backfire. 

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Ironic that the one thing we hate the Tigers for is preaching patience, but every time they do something born out an attempt to move fast to plug a hole, it seems to backfire. 

My real criticism of the focus on Paredes is that its now basically assumed that Meadows is toast.

He has had a rough, almost Old Testament like start to the year in terms of luck. But I still think he is capable of holding up his end of the trade.

Either way, I'm happy for Paredes. Good for him

Edited by mtutiger

Just now, mtutiger said:

My real criticism of the focus on Paredes is that its now basically assumed that Meadows is toast.

He has had a rough, almost Old Testament like start to the year in terms of luck. But I still think he is capable of holding up his end of the trade.

It's not helping the perception that he hasn't been able to stay on the field.

Looks like the updated MLB app on iOS introduced a bug in which you can't do radio audio overlays anymore. I assume it's a bug because the option is there and they shows you choices for video and audio feed, but there's nothing under either and the GUI is kind of clunky looking. If they were removing the option all together, they'd probably would've removed the icon to select it as well.

I also assume it should come back in the next version, but it might be days or it might be weeks before that happens.

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

It's not helping the perception that he hasn't been able to stay on the field.

Sure. Hence the Old Testament luck.

But it's similar to the ERod thing where people are already calling him Jordan Zimmermann. It's kinda tiring and each of these guys, all under control for multiple years, will have opportunities to turn it around.

As for Paredes, this org was never gonna give him the runway that he needed for better or worse. I'm glad that he landed somewhere where he's more valued.

Edited by mtutiger

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

That's not my criticism of any focus I have on Paredes. My criticism is that the Tigers haven't known how to unlock latent talent, which we all know Paredes has in spades. The new regime might be different, but apparently they came too late to keep Paredes on a string. They're succeeding more lately on pitchers, but then, pitching is the overwhelming focus of this entire organization.

If we fuck up Roberto Campos by trading him cheap to fill an injury hole, and he goes on to rake for somebody else, that might just be my last straw.

Edited by chasfh

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Looks like the updated MLB app on iOS introduced a bug in which you can't do radio audio overlays anymore. I assume it's a bug because the option is there and they shows you choices for video and audio feed, but there's nothing under either and the GUI is kind of clunky looking. If they were removing the option all together, they'd probably would've removed the icon to select it as well.

I also assume it should come back in the next version, but it might be days or it might be weeks before that happens.

Do you mean you can't get the audio at all  or can't cast it to another device? My MLB updated yesterday and still does regular audio.....

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Do you mean you can't get the audio at all  or can't cast it to another device? My MLB updated yesterday and still does regular audio.....

Neither. I'm saying you can't switch the audio you're hearing on the device itself away from the default TV feed to the optional radio feed.

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Neither. I'm saying you can't switch the audio you're hearing on the device itself away from the default TV feed to the optional radio feed.

Ah - gotcha.

I see it now, the feed selector doesn't link to anything....

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Ah - gotcha.

Now, what I can do is pull upthe radio only feed on my iOS device, cast it to my soundbar via bluetooth, and then adjust my TV DVR so the video matches the audio. I have MLB Extra Innings so I can time-shift it back and forth.

The MTF downside is that it puts me about a minute or so behind the rest of you guys.

Edited by chasfh

14 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I hope Meadows comes back strong but his defense was declining for all to see before the trade and his pay was increasing. I would have been happier for Parades if he would have had a real shot in Detroit and done it here. 

Just now, SoCalTiger said:

I hope Meadows comes back strong but his defense was declining for all to see before the trade and his pay was increasing. I would have been happier for Parades if he would have had a real shot in Detroit and done it here. 

That would have required a different GM.

I'm not kidding, I don't think he was getting the opportunity he needed here.

1 minute ago, SoCalTiger said:

Not trying to make you madder about all this, but Paredes was traded because Schoop was blocking him. 🦆🦆

20 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Some guys focus on the last 90 at bats and nothing else.

And salaries.  Because thats even more important than the last 90 at bats.  Which is more important than the last 900.  Or the next 900.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Not trying to make you madder about all this, but Paredes was traded because Schoop was blocking him. 🦆🦆

there was always some complaint with Paredes. First it was that he was going to get fat - he didn't. Then it was that he wasn't going to hit, and he did. Then he wasn't going to hit for power, but he seems to be......

The glass was always half empty with Isaac. Maybe they will still be right in the end but they have egg on their face right now.