6/21 7:10pm Tigers @ Red Sox

casimir

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

there was always some complaint with Paredes. First it was that he was going to get fat - he didn't. Then it was that he wasn't going to hit, and he did. Then he wasn't going to hit for power, but he seems to be......

The glass was always half empty with Isaac. Maybe they will still be right in the end but they have egg on their face right now.

This Tigers administration have had egg crusted onto their face for years running.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Now, what I can do is pull upthe radio only feed on my iOS device, cast it to my soundbar via bluetooth, and then adjust my TV DVR so the video matches the audio. I have MLB Extra Innings so I can time-shift it back and forth.

The MTF downside is that it puts me about a minute or so behind the rest of you guys.

I like the radio announcers on 97.1 or the Auducy app. bummer it doesn't match the video...

10 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

That would have required a different GM.

I'm not kidding, I don't think he was getting the opportunity he needed here.

He wasn't.  But Candelario was the biggest reason for that.  Now all the sudden Candelario looks completely lost.  There is some bad luck involved there too.  

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

there was always some complaint with Paredes. First it was that he was going to get fat - he didn't. Then it was that he wasn't going to hit, and he did. Then he wasn't going to hit for power, but he seems to be......

All the beat writers tripping overthemselves to retweet Paredes big night tonight (including Stavenhagen) all seemed to be on the same page with the FO as well.

Edited by mtutiger

7 minutes ago, kdog said:

What was it...Paredes didn't the pull the ball? Every single homer is a bomb to left. Meanwhile Tork only hits on the ground to the pull field.

THe obvious fact is that Isaac never played enough in Det to get any kind of comfort level. They didn't given him a position to play or and confidence he'd get another AB. Some guys that doesn't bother, but it clearly did Isaac. The give away was when he came out of winter league having won the batting crown and then couldn't do anything in Det. You knew there was a player there we weren't seeing, whether it was major league or not, it was better than we were seeing.

Edited by gehringer_2

Just now, Jim Cowan said:

Just to present the complete story on Paredes, going into the game his OBP was .242 and his OPS+ was 87.  We still have lots of guys who can't get on base, and aren't really missing him that much.

That was my first thought as well.  But with the three homers tonight, he now has 12 for the year between AAA and the big leagues.  That's an improvement over what we are getting, which is low obp and low power.  

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

THe obvious fact is that Isaac never played enough in Det to get any kind of comfort level. They didn't given him a position to play or and confidence he'd get another AB. Some guys that doesn't bother, but it clearly did Isaac. The give away was when he came out of winter league having won the batting crown and then couldn't to anything in Det.

That's when you get the comments about the quality of the Mexican League....

4 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Just to present the complete story on Paredes, going into the game his OBP was .242 and his OPS+ was 87.  We still have lots of guys who can't get on base, and aren't really missing him that much.

That's true at the moment.

3 minutes ago, kdog said:

changeup->Tork popup....I can guarantee if you send him down he's going to mash at Toledo. He has to figure it out up here. The team is going nowhere. Young players have to show growth.

I agree.  It seems like he is starting to swing at more pitches, which is a step in the right direction.