2022 NBA Draft Night

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Boom. There you go @Betrayer

I don't know about the fit but this kid definitely brings the starpower. The Pistons will be exciting if nothing else.

If Weaver can pull off Duren later in the lottery, this is an A level day.

If you had to choose between Ayton and Duren (regardless of the money situation), which would you choose? Because in all likelihood, I think thats what it'd come down to......

4 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

If you had to choose between Ayton and Duren (regardless of the money situation), which would you choose? Because in all likelihood, I think thats what it'd come down to......

Ayton all the way for me.  The fact is we have to spend our money somewhere eventually so while I don't necessarily like breaking the bank for Ayton, that is the reality of the NBA.  

6 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I’m way too happy right now. This was the #2 player on my board. Does he have bust potential? Sure. They all do. But he also has the highest ceiling in the draft. If he hits, we’ve got our two stars for the core. Thank you SAC. 

That's where I'm at too. I'm skeptical of his fit next to Cade but for pure upside, he has way more than the other options at 5 if he corrects that long range shot which did show signs of improvement last season. I think there's only two, maybe three, players in this draft with real starpower potential (if you include Sharpe). Ivey, Banchero and Sharpe. you need multiple stars in this league so they got a guy with that potential. Also, athleticism, man did they need an injection of some in the worst way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hart said:

Ayton all the way for me.  The fact is we have to spend our money somewhere eventually so while I don't necessarily like breaking the bank for Ayton, that is the reality of the NBA.  

I just looked at Ayton's stats last year and I will say the fact he averaged less than a block per game is pretty disappointing.  

Edited by Hart