2022 NBA Draft Night

It's looking like a 3-way trade with Detroit getting Duren & Walker (who's a lot less expensive then Hayward); and we send the 2025 Milwaukee 1st pick to Charlotte. Not certain what else between Knicks & Hornets...

So Jerami Grant for 2nd's and Kemba Walker at 1 year $9 Mill and Jalen Duren at # 13.

Yeah, I'm good with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

not bad. So now we have a fun team, but like Del says, somebody still has to put the ball in the hoop.

I don't know why people assume Ivey's not going to be able to shoot it in the NBA.  He's not Mathurin or Murray but he is far better than Killian Hayes.  I would be surprised if he is not a respectable shooter, at least by his second season.  

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

It's looking like a 3-way trade with Detroit getting Duren & Walker (who's a lot less expensive then Hayward); and we send the 2025 Milwaukee 1st pick to Charlotte. Not certain what else between Knicks & Hornets...

So Jerami Grant for 2nd's and Kemba Walker at 1 year $9 Mill and Jalen Duren at # 13.

Yeah, I'm good with that.

I didn't realize Kemba is only owed 9, I just assumed he was making close to Hayward so that's a bonus.

8 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

So we essentially traded Grant for Duren, a 2nd round pick swap and another 2nd rounder. 

Yep. Well, Walker's salary included but, yeah, the trade looks nicer when you look at it that way. They got two 2nds btw, they're own 2nd in 2025 and the better of the Portland/New Orleans 2nds in 2026 so Duren (#13), Walker salary dump and two 2nds, plus move up 10 spots in the 2nd for Grant.

15 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

You cant take Duren when you just picked a guard that cant shoot.  The Pistons are about to put 4 guys on the floor that cant shoot >30% from three.  

Except that Ivey shot 36% from three last year and according to Vecenie the year before when he shot poorly was the anomaly since he shot well from three in high school also (40 percent in his final three years). 

1 minute ago, Betrayer said:

Except that Ivey shot 36% from three last year and according to Vecenie the year before when he shot poorly was the anomaly since he shot well from three in high school also (40 percent in his final three years). 

Stanley Johnson shot 40% from three in college. 

Ivey did it against cupcakes.  In Big Ten play he shot below 30% from three.

1 minute ago, Betrayer said:

Add free throw shooting to the improvement wish list. Would like to see a top level guard shoot more than 74%.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hayes and Duren probably the 2nd unit - at least until Duren gets a little experience?

That's what I am hoping for.  Duren and Olynyk should be a decent pairing off the bench.  I still think we need to go out and get a replacement for Grant.  

I don’t think it rules out Ayton. In fact maybe the opposite. They have to feel like they have their drafted young core now so it’s ok to go spend (or overspend) on a player to put around them. And who knows, maybe Phoenix wanted Stewart as part of the sign and trade. So that could be part of the motivation. 

I see that the Pistons are only absorbing $9M from the Kemba contract. It gets even better. 

Apparently Weaver is going to buy him out so they'll still have pretty much all their cap space remaining. I don't know anybody can dislike this move.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Stanley Johnson shot 40% from three in college. 

Ivey did it against cupcakes.  In Big Ten play he shot below 30% from three.

Purdue played some good teams in non conference that Ivey shot well against.  If anything, I would say that is a better reflection of his game than Big Ten basketball, which severely suppresses a players skills.  

2 minutes ago, Hart said:

Purdue played some good teams in non conference that Ivey shot well against.  If anything, I would say that is a better reflection of his game than Big Ten basketball, which severely suppresses a players skills.  

Well hopefully nobody in the NBA attempts to suppress his skills.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Add free throw shooting to the improvement wish list. Would like to see a top level guard shoot more than 74%.

I don't expect him to be a top level guard on the offensive end.  I do think that is a stretch.  I am more excited about his defensive potential.  It's disappointing he wasn't a better defender in college but the NBA is all about projection and he certainly isn't lacking the ability to be an elite defender.  And with Bey and Cade as two of our starting wings, we really need that.  Then you add in a plus transition player and average an average shooter and you have a good fit for our third wing player.