7/6 @ 1:10 Guardians @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Cleveland did not play a very clean series against us.  tired I guess. 

I listened to one of the DH games and that’s what the Cleveland radio guy was saying when they were down in that game. 

20 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I’m trying to not let this team sucker me into raising my expectations. But I sure do hope they keep trying. This sweep is entirely out of nowhere.

They did catch Cleveland at the right time, but in general, they have been playing much better ball since Riley has gotten here. The losses against Boston and losing 2/3 to KC have obscured that to a degree.... the team is better than they were when they started 9-23 and when they were going 13 games without hitting a homer.

This series against Chicago coming up will be a good test.... they have also had a tough stretch, but some good starting pitching scheduled in the series upcoming.

Edited by mtutiger

It's just nice to see them score some runs, I mean nobody is going to confuse them with the 26 Yankees but as I mentioned earlier this is their 6th straight scoring 4+ runs, and it's now been 17 games since their last shutout.

During that time they've only scored less than 2 runs once. Now that may not sound super impressive but there was a point in the season where they were scoring less than 2 runs at a 40% clip so to only do it once in 17 games is a huge difference. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Miggy has modified his game. Yes he is not hitting for power but he is hitting VERY well. Love. It...

You wonder if he has adjusted to the point now where he is actually a plus in the lineup again.  A low .700's OPS is not ideal from a DH but a .300 average is still a .300 average. 

Kody's overall numbers still aren't good but it's been impressive to see him rebound after that disastrous start and it's nice to see him have a solid 8 to 11 BB to K ratio. One of his knocks was his swing and miss tendencies but he's at a sub 20% K rate which in this day and age isn't bad at all.