2023 Draft

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

What would be a bigger win for Detroit sports landing the number 1 pick and Wembenyana for the Pistons or Bedard for the Red Wings? Seems like both are seen as generational talent and both teams have some young talent to build around on top of those guys. I guess the difference is that most have more faith in Yzerman to continue to build the roster right vs. Weaver. 

I don't think any NBA team picking Wembenyana could screw that up. Just a matter of time before they are contenders.

Whereas the Oilers floundered for years even with McDavid.

But I care about the Wings way more than I do the Pistons, so if I could only choose one it would be Bedard.

Edited by lordstanley

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I don't think any NBA team picking Wembenyana could screw that up. Just a matter of time before they are contenders.

Whereas the Oilers floundered for years even with McDavid.

But I care about the Wings way more than I do the Pistons, so if I could only choose one it would be Bedard.

yup.

but we know the pistons will pick 5th and the wings 11th... 😞

8 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Obviously, Bedard is game is changing but picking anywhere to 5 nets a potential stud.  Draft is really deep.

No Anaheim, Chicago, or SJ for #1

If this draft is really deep (albeit with two main studs at the top), wouldn't Yzerman be better off using both 1st rounders and all 3 second rounders this draft? I don't know a lot about the NHL but everything I hear from ESPN and other sources say this is one of the deepest drafts there's been in a while. I also hear at the same time Yzer might package some picks for a player. Isn't the smart money to roll the dice with the 5 players this year in a deep draft?

1 hour ago, holygoat said:

When the Red Wings tore it down they got the 4th pick.

the red wings didnt "tear it down."  they just sucked.

the blackhawks traded everything that wasnt nailed down, the wings had nothing to trade because that's how horrible kenny left the team.  the hawks could have been as good as the wings this year.  they had decent players.  but they traded ALL of them in an attempt to lose.  the wings didnt do that.

I don’t think a lottery makes sense in a league where rebuilding a take at least five years and more commonly closer to ten.

I don’t think lotteries make sense period really, but if any sport was going to employ one, it would seem like the NFL would make the most sense because of the potential quick turnaround and the shortened season. In the NHL, if you tank, you’re still going to suck for another couple of years, even assuming you build it back up properly.

pronman has the wings taking ryan leonard, rw usmnt.  who is he?  not bedard.

i could see them trade this pick for a proven player.  i'll bring up conner again because of all the rumors about winnipeg tearing it down.  it'll cost this year's pick, one of next year's pick plus some prospects.

I'm not trading Edvinsson...he's on the door step of being a top pair NHL Dman....you don't have to project a lot to see him being their with Seider as your anchors on D.  Scoring wings like Connor are nice...but I'm not trading multiple firsts and a guy with Edvinsson's projection to get one.  Not equal value.

Wallinder and picks?  OK

In the draft...give me Matthew Wood and Reinbacher

Edited by Shinzaki