On the Bright Side: 2023 MLB Draft

1984Echoes

On 8/5/2022 at 10:43 PM, 1984Echoes said:

Oh... do you mean like Spencer Turnbull? Or Tarik Skubal? Or Ty Alexander? Beau Brieske? Kody Clemens? Dillon Dingler or Wenceel Perez (whoops, gotta wait another year for those two...)?

Wenceel was an international free agent.

With 1 game left, the Tigers are in 6th position pre-lottery.  If they end up 6th, their percentage chance for the number 1 pick is 7.5 percent.  If Texas loses to the Yankees and the Tigers win, the Tigers will move to 7th position and a 5.5 percent chance at number 1.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Sounds like another party opportunity.

It won't be at Liston's house.  He only throws a party if they are getting a player who makes the MLB roster.  He don't want to wait around for five years to see if the guy the might get makes the majors  

• 1 month later...

Jacob Gonzalez was a guy that really intrigued me when I was looking at potential guys last spring.

Of course at that time I was more focused on guys that seemed pretty advanced and could help out sooner rather than later since I thought we were at the point of competing but now it feels like that isn't the case and it isn't as imperative to get an mlb ready guy.