08/04/2022 7:10 EDT Tampa Bay Rays at Detroit Tigers

casimir

32 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

That first outing of his was legendary... cannot remember seeing such a disastrous outing end in 0 earned runs lol

One thing he didn't do though in that outing. I don't believe he actually walked a batter. Maybe he can start off next time by walking the bases loaded.

Edited by lordstanley

7 hours ago, kdog said:

a defeated man:

Why not just put Cabrera on the IL?  His only purpose is to hit and he doesn't do that well enough to hold a roster spot for him if he's physically unavailable.  I understand there aren't many bats on the 40 to call up to replace him, but they're limiting their bench opportunities.  This is a chance to bring someone up and give them a look to determine if they're worthy of consideration for 2023.  Its completely asinine and irresponsible roster management.

• Thanks 1

I'm ok with Miggy getting these ABs this garbage season but he can't continue hold a premier spot in the batting order if we are really trying to win. 

Perhaps however, the Tigers are in the business of providing fodder for the gambling interests and sales of nostalgia for times when they had better leadership

13 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I'm ok with Miggy getting these ABs this garbage season but he can't continue hold a premier spot in the batting order if we are really trying to win. 

Perhaps however, the Tigers are in the business of providing fodder for the gambling interests and sales of nostalgia for times when they had better leadership

Idk if Miggy is still marketable as a guy hitting .160 with zero ability to drive the ball.

His comments yesterday suggest to me a realization that this may not be getting better.

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Idk if Miggy is still marketable as a guy hitting .160 with zero ability to drive the ball.

His comments yesterday suggest to me a realization that this may not be getting better.

after reading what he said yesterday, i think he might actually take a buy out.

I def think hed take a buyout but the question is how much would it take? Would he take 20 which would leave 11 million on the table for him? If he is as broken down as he seems I think giving up 11 million would be a small price to pay for not having to suffer through another season.

Edited by RandyMarsh