08/04/2022 7:10 EDT Tampa Bay Rays at Detroit Tigers

casimir

7 minutes ago, kdog said:

Joe Ryan threw 62 four seam fastballs(80% of total) in yesterday's game.  The Tigers averaged a 74.6mph exit velocity and had 16 whiffs.

He’s now 3-0 against us with 8 hits, 2 ER and 25 k’s in 17 innings this season.  Joe Ryan is a first ballot hall of famer if he pitched only against the Tigers.

7 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

He’s not playing  next year. I have been saying that for some time now. He will get paid but won’t play. Why suffer physically and tarnish your  reputation by sucking. Plus now it’s clear we will not contend in 2023. 

I've been on this bandwagon all season. As soon as he got number 3,000... it was time to discuss. After this season... it will be time to DO.

10 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

He’s not playing  next year. I have been saying that for some time now. He will get paid but won’t play. Why suffer physically and tarnish your  reputation by sucking. Plus now it’s clear we will not contend in 2023. 

This came to my mind as well.

If there is a regime change (and that's a big if), the next person may not want to deal with having to accommodate Miguel as well.

I've always been of the mind that he'd play it all out, but the way this season has transpired is the equivalent of a blinking neon sign that says "it's time for retirement". 

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

This came to my mind as well.

If there is a regime change (and that's a big if), the next person may not want to deal with having to accommodate Miguel as well.

I've always been of the mind that he'd play it all out, but the way this season has transpired is the equivalent of a blinking neon sign that says "it's time for retirement". 

Well, it’s time for him to retire, and if this team doesn’t improve, next season is going to be awful.  Why would a player at the end put themselves through that?   He’s got salary, a ring, and accolades.