Lions at Bears - 10/3/21 - 1:00pm - FOX

MotownWebGuy

4 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Valenti and Rico were talking about trading Decker and Hockenson? Would you trade both? I would trade Decker for sure. If Laramy Tunsil can net a 1st round pick in a trade as a LT then Decker should be able to as well. Hockenson is too young and too good to give up on now IMO.

Well, you can get a 1st rounder or more for him.   This team won't be good for at least 2 years, but probably more like 3 - and that is if they do almost everything right in the draft.   By the time they are good Hockenson is going to cost a fortune.   I wouldn't do it, but I get it. 

44 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Well, you can get a 1st rounder or more for him.   This team won't be good for at least 2 years, but probably more like 3 - and that is if they do almost everything right in the draft.   By the time they are good Hockenson is going to cost a fortune.   I wouldn't do it, but I get it. 

By the time they are good, they should have a lot of cap space. It's ok to have some veterans. Hockenson should be in his prime and a foundational piece. 

So the Lions almost stole one from the 49ers and that was encouraging. 

Then they played a great half against the Packers until Aaron Rodgers took advantage of the fact that Jamie Collins seem to be playing a different scheme as the rest of the defense. 

It took an all time record field goal for them to lose to a playoff team (yes, they were greatly depleted on defense, but still, the Lions held their offense in check).  

So we face a Bears team that looks awful .  We think This Is The Week...................so with that in mind

Bears 24. Lions 13

5 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't think Decker makes it through his full contract here. I doubt he will ever re-sign with us as a RT and Sewell is obviously the LT of the future. When the time is right (when the price is highest) a trade will be in order.

I think that will be one of the next two offseasons though, not right now.

I disagree with the "not right now".

Meaning, a team that is pushing for the playoffs, say they're 6-4 or similar, but is having a problem at LT... will definitely be willing to make a play "right now" with a 1st rounder that they expect to be late in the 1st in 2022...

Now, that is dependent on this year's circumstances as the year unfolds but... I wouldn't rule that out prematurely because I believe there are already a couple of teams that fit that definition ("playoff wannabe" having issues at LT... not necessarily the 6-4 record...) and are out looking for a solution...

So... we'll see.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, buddha said:

the bengals got beat by the bears and looked terrible doing it.  they just needed a last second field goal to beat the jags....at home.

the bengals are not a good football team.  the lions - also not a good football team - can beat them.

I'm not sure anyone would be surprised if the Lions lost to Cincinnati. 

On 10/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

So the Lions almost stole one from the 49ers and that was encouraging. 

Then they played a great half against the Packers until Aaron Rodgers took advantage of the fact that Jamie Collins seem to be playing a different scheme as the rest of the defense. 

It took an all time record field goal for them to lose to a playoff team (yes, they were greatly depleted on defense, but still, the Lions held their offense in check).  

So we face a Bears team that looks awful .  We think This Is The Week...................so with that in mind

Bears 24. Lions 13

Detroit stopped Baltimore's offense because Baltimore dropped 3 TD passes. Easy catches. It should never have come down to a 98 yard field goal. 😅😅

I put $20 on a 5-game parlay.  If I lose, big whoop, it's only $20, cost of a pizza.   

If I win it's $584.   

I took

Browns -1 over  @ Vikings - I just don't think the Vikings are any good and the AFC is better than NFC

@ Saints -7 over Giants, - Saints at home vs. a team with an embattled owner & GM & coach

Titans - 6 over @Jets  - Jets are the worst team in the NFL,  Zack Wilson is getting hammered

Ravens +1 over @ Broncos - Broncos are not for real, they've beaten the Jets, Jags & Giants (Lions would be 2-1)

@ Chargers -3.5 over Raiders  - Monday night, if I have all 4 Sunday games, I'll lay a bet on the Raiders to hedge my bet and win back the $20.  At 3.5 it won't be a push. 

Just now, TP_Fan said:

Lol, that was so easy for the bears.  Lions defense was so good against Lamar last week and then they get steamrolled by fields on the first drive. Just embarrassing.  

They are getting steamrolled just so you can have the self satisfaction of saying we should have drafted Fields instead today.