09/02/2022 7:10 EDT Kansas City Royals at Detroit Tigers

casimir

53 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Still not sold on the name Ryan Kreidler.  It sounds like the grad student who graded your Chemistry lab.

It reminds me of the face boss Norm made up on Cheers so it made it sound like he wasn't actually doing the firing, but letting people know as the nice guy.   I think it was Kreitzer.     Then the company owner told Norm that Kreitzer wanted to meet him.  So Norm had to fire himself.  

So I would guess that with the call ups of Carpenter, Baddoo and now Kreidler, that Daz Cameron's time in the Tiger organization is over.    

That would mean that for Verlander the Tigers have a catcher who is still recovering from Tommy John, A pitcher who, in 5 seasons, has thrown 52 innings and has an ERA north of 7.70 and this year walked 29 hitters in 25 1/3 innings and an outfielder,   who has hit .236 in AAA and .201 in limited time in the majors in a situation where he could have been given every opportunity to stick.................You know, this team needs to re-hire Al Avila, so they can fire him again. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So I would guess that with the call ups of Carpenter, Baddoo and now Kreidler, that Daz Cameron's time in the Tiger organization is over.    

That would mean that for Verlander the Tigers have a catcher who is still recovering from Tommy John, A pitcher who, in 5 seasons, has thrown 52 innings and has an ERA north of 7.70 and this year walked 29 hitters in 25 1/3 innings and an outfielder,   who has hit .236 in AAA and .201 in limited time in the majors in a situation where he could have been given every opportunity to stick.................You know, this team needs to re-hire Al Avila, so they can fire him again. 

Moving great pitchers almost never works to a team's benefit. The Tigers dismantling of the Verlander/Scherzer duo will go down in history with the idiocy of the 70's Mets letting Seaver, Koosman, Ryan all get away.

• Like 1