Week One: Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) @ Detroit Lions (0-0)

MichiganCardinal

Just now, Hart said:

Do you really think Stafford was ready to retire?  I think the Lions had some leverage there.  

Stafford said he would have played for the Lions if they declined to trade him. They were a 5 win team with Stafford. They probably have two more 5-6 win seasons and he walks as a free agent. I fail to see how that helps the rebuild.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Stafford said he would have played for the Lions if they declined to trade him. They were a 5 win team with Stafford. They probably have two more 5-6 win seasons and he walks as a free agent. I fail to see how that helps the rebuild.

The big debate at the time was whether Stafford was part of the problem or the solution.  I think we have our answer on that now.  If he was willing to play for us, then the rebuild should have started with him.  You can turn things around quickly in the NFL but you really need a quarterback and that is by far the hardest part of the equation.  I really wanted to see what Stafford would do once we moved on from Patricia.