Week One: Philadelphia Eagles (0-0) @ Detroit Lions (0-0)

MichiganCardinal

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Prove it liar. Either put up or shut up.

I don't need to I can look at your post history it's there for everybody you have multiple post comparing the two and saying good is Stafford. You got posts about hand size, you got posts about how their careers were the same the first x years, you got posts when you talk about both having Supporting casts. 

If you want to argue semantics, no you never used the exact phrase Stafford is Goff. But your message has been abduntely clear you think Goff is just as good and is a super bowl qb therefore he is great.

You have multiple times done this and I will keep calling you out on because it was ridiculous then and it remains ridiculous now how you defend Goff and compare him to people like Stafford or make an argument like well he went to a super owl therefore he's good

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KL2 said:

I don't need to I can look at your post history it's there for everybody you have multiple post comparing the two and saying good is Stafford. You got posts about hand size, you got posts about how their careers were the same the first x years, you got posts when you talk about both having Supporting casts. 

If you want to argue semantics, no you never used the exact phrase Stafford is Goff. But your message has been abduntely clear you think Goff is just as good and is a super bowl qb therefore he is great.

You have multiple times done this and I will keep calling you out on because it was ridiculous then and it remains ridiculous now how you defend Goff and compare him to people like Stafford or make an argument like well he went to a super owl therefore he's good

I never compared him to Stafford you liar. You are using semantics and accusing me of semantics. I literally have compared him to other QBs in this league such as Cousins and Alex Smith. I have said they can win with Goff. That is in no way saying Goff and Stafford are the same. Provide the receipts liar.

Good effort to get back in it, reminded me of the San Francisco game last year. 

I don't usually complain about the coaching outside of this game thread but coaching really did them in (not putting a spy on Hurts early, wasted timeouts, dumb onside kick). They will continue to lose close games if they don't clean stuff like that up.

Just now, mtutiger said:

They aren't SOL, that's my takeaway.

The fact that Mark Schlereth took the kneel down time to talk about the Lions instead of Philly was eye opening

i think that's mostly narrative.  they were saying the same thing last year when they were losing all those close games.

i think the offense is better but the defense is still very poor.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Good effort to get back in it, reminded me of the San Francisco game last year. 

I don't usually complain about the coaching outside of this game thread but coaching really did them in (not putting a spy on Hurts early, wasted timeouts, dumb onside kick). They will continue to lose close games if they don't clean stuff like that up.

Those were mistakes, for sure.

Just now, buddha said:

i think that's mostly narrative.  they were saying the same thing last year when they were losing all those close games.

i think the offense is better but the defense is still very poor.

The defense definitely sucks, the Philly O nothwithstanding.  Scary huge holes in every unit and every phase of the D.  I realize its "only" year 2 of the rebuild but in the NFL, by the second year, your defense should not be this vulnerable.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I thought the defense looked better. They were consistently in the backfield but they really struggled to contain a mobile QB. I would like to see how this defense handles a non mobile QB.

Just want to make sure I clarify I do not think this is a top defense in the league for when @KL2 calls me out next year for saying I compared this defense to the 2000 Ravens.

7 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

The defense definitely sucks, the Philly O nothwithstanding.  Scary huge holes in every unit and every phase of the D.  I realize its "only" year 2 of the rebuild but in the NFL, by the second year, your defense should not be this vulnerable.

The defense wasnt great by any means, but they looked worse in the first half when they were being overexposed by the shitty offense. They did a lot better in the second half

Edited by mtutiger