Michigan vs. Wisconsin - 10/2/21

djhutch

Glad to see there is a college board now, this has nothing to do with the game but I saw this right when the old board went down and I wanted to post it there but couldn't. It probably deserves to be in the old Harbaugh thread but anyway a few of us speculated that Michigan isn't viewed as a top job anymore but a couple weeks ago The Athletic polled a bunch of coaches throughout the country on what the best job in the NCAA was and Michigan Head Coach came in at 11.  So it may not be tippy top but it's still considered better than vast majority of other positions and with the exception of a couple all the ones higher likely aren't going to be coming up any time soon either so if/when we get rid of Harbaugh we should have our pick of the litter. 

https://theathletic.com/2827321/2021/09/15/what-are-the-top-5-jobs-in-college-football-we-polled-over-100-coaches-and-staffers-to-find-out/

Edited by RandyMarsh

20 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Unfortunately the SO just made plans for us to watch this game with friends, so I'm not going to be able to escape watching what I fear is going to be depressing....🙈🙉🙊

I'm a little worried too, but this game is the one at the beginning of the season I circled to tell me whether the changes made in the off-season did any good.  Here's to hoping...

22 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I do not really follow College football, but I watch and listen etc...why is everyone so afraid of this game?  Seems like a pretty solid win for UofM is in order here.

UofM has put up some monster rushing yards, but there is always a question of the competition this early in the season.  The football powerhouse known as Rutgers managed to slow down that rushing attack.   Wisconsin's loss to Notre Dame looked horrible on paper, but it was a close game before they gave up a kick return and had two pick 6's against them.   They had pressure on ND the entire game and limited ND to 3 yards rushing.  Even if you take the sacks out of that stat, ND's lead back only had like 30-40 yards.

Apparently it's going to be wet too, Not really sure if that benefits one team more than the other though.

5 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

I do not really follow College football, but I watch and listen etc...why is everyone so afraid of this game?  Seems like a pretty solid win for UofM is in order here.

The 2nd half against Rutgers the most putrid I can remember since Hoke. There was one game against the Spartans sometime early in the Harbaugh years (not the botched punt game) that may have been as bad but at least I believe they could partially blame that one on weather, IIRC.

Oh my god,  What the bleep are they doing?    Harbaugh is just out of his mind.  

Targeting?  How is THAT targeting ? 

I guess being happy about a touchdown is taunting now.  Ridiculous. 

Kris Kross is probably living off the royalties of this song every Saturday.  

The refs are all probably from Racine, these calls are crazy, this is football !

Wisconsin is holding on EVERY SINGLE PLAY !

(Just practicing for tomorrow,  need to be sharp).