Week Two: Washington Commanders (1-0) @ Detroit Lions (0-1)

MichiganCardinal

9 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

I see ragnow out for this game. Injury prone center. Couldn’t play last year because of a stubbed toe and already injured after 1 game this season.  

Frustrating for sure.  Not even at game 2 and we are down 40% of the starting OL and Jonah Jackson is questionable.

News staring to come out that it’s actually a toe injury on the same foot for Ragnow.  He missed the whole year last because of it.  I really hope this is the same thing but this isn’t sounding good.

Edited by Hongbit

On 9/16/2022 at 12:17 PM, Motown Bombers said:

I want to make sure I put it on record that I unequivocally, absolutely, 100%, no doubt, affirmatively believe as of September 16th in the year 2022 that Lamar Demeatrice Jackson Jr. is a better QB than Jared Thomas Goff. I will bookmark this post for when @KL2 comes by in a year from now and accuses me of saying that I said Goff was a better QB than Jackson.

With that having been said, I'm leery on committing draft picks and a record contract to a guy that relies heavily on his legs. I'm also hesitant since Baltimore appears hesitant to commit to him long term since they are one of the best run franchises in the NFL. This is in no way, shape or form an endorsement that Goff is better than Jackson or even preferred long term over Jackson. I still prefer trading for an established veteran like Jackson over trading picks for a rookie QB. I also reserve the right to change my mind on this stance as the season plays out. 

Feels like you're saying that Goff is better than Jackson. 🤮 I don't understand how you could think that.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Don't care about the O-Line injuries.  You need to win.  All the love goes out the window if they look bad today. 

While I am more focused on seeing good coaching and significant player improvement week over week than wins, I think the majority of fans are not of this mindset. Feels like it is going to be a looooooong season, with a lot of complaining from fans if they lose today. As you mentioned, it feels like a game where if they lose, a lot of the good will built by this regime and coaching staff is going to start to fade.

9 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

While I am more focused on seeing good coaching and significant player improvement week over week than wins, I think the majority of fans are not of this mindset. Feels like it is going to be a looooooong season, with a lot of complaining from fans if they lose today. As you mentioned, it feels like a game where if they lose, a lot of the good will built by this regime and coaching staff is going to start to fade.

They've played one game and their OL is decimated. And Swift may be out? SOL...just don't play in the preseason...they may get hurt...🤔🤔