09/14/2022 1:10 EDT Houston Astros at Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 hour ago, pyrotigers said:

Fired up to see the future of the team, hitting Harold Castro and his 680 ops playing first and hitting in the middle of the order 

I’ve gotten multiple emails like this from the Tigers highlighting “Hittin’ Harold” throughout the season, and they depress the hell out of me. What a roster. What a season. Did we see “Hittin’ Halter” stuff 20 years ago?

715546BD-3B71-4AA3-91EE-C54E32595268.jpeg

Edited by Tigerbomb13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - non-shutouts are now our victories. 

Javy hasn't hit half badly this month. If he comes back next season where he is now that would be an improvement.

If he can keep up a 120 OPS+ with a .420 BABIP, that would be amazing.

He's had a 94 OPS+ since June 1 over 350 PA (after his VERY rough start) with a BABIP of .310 and an ISO of .150. 

That's not good but that's pretty similar to what he did earlier in his career in 2015 - 2016 (ages 23 - 24) before his peak years of 2017 - 2021.

I think the deadened ball and ageing just a little bit past his athletic peak has probably knocked out his HR power and thus his performance down from his peak norm of 115 OPS+ to 90-100, probably in the middle, hopefully closer to 100.

2 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I’ve gotten multiple emails like this from the Tigers highlighting “Hittin’ Harold” throughout the season, and they depress the hell out of me. What a roster. What a season. Did we see “Hittin’ Halter” stuff 20 years ago?

715546BD-3B71-4AA3-91EE-C54E32595268.jpeg

Harold has been dreadful since the ASB too.  If they are counting on him for more than 200 PAs next year they are doomed.

I'm not gonna go all Lynn on this subject but it's drives like this that bother me about the park, if you hit it 424 ft you should get rewarded for it and far too often it ends up in a players glove instead. People want guys to stop being pull happy and use the whole field but why should you when you have to be destroy the ball to get rewarded for it? 

3 hours ago, sabretooth said:

Yeah, whatever we do, let's not move the fences in.  That would be very bad.  🙄

I’d like to see the net of Tiger home runs lost vs opponent home runs lost due to Comerica’s dimensions.  Overlay league average dimensions onto the current field, plot the fly outs, and let’s see what the damage is.  Can you get that taken care of by tomorrow?

• Haha 1