9/29 @ 7:40 Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, Archie said:

They said Mize was first guy out of the dugout in the Chicago pushing match so hope he can bring that fire tonight.

That's great enthusiasm, but I'd rather some else like Holland or some other non ongoing entity would run interference to avoid another Rozema.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

That's great enthusiasm, but I'd rather some else like Holland or some other non ongoing entity would run interference to avoid another Rozema.

Rozema thought he was Bruce Lee and it didn't go so well for him.  Hopefully Mize doesn't try his martial arts skills in a fight and just throws punches like a hockey player.  Darren McCarty could give some pointers before the Chicago series.

3 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Brandon Inge could hit a ball up to the highest point of that dome with a fungo bat.  He could also dunk a basketball, bowl a 300 game, impregnate your sister, and unite all the Christian denominations.

he could not, however, get an umpire to accurately call him (or at least his jersey) being hit by a pitch in game 163.  sigh 

6 hours ago, JackPine said:

That place was the worst but it was where I saw my first MLB game which was still really neat at the time despite the venue.

yep, same.

in fact, sadly, it's the only place I've seen MLB games aside from one game at Comerica in 2000, where I was unlucky enough to be present for a Dave Mlicki start.

maybe someday I can get up to Seattle for a game. I never tried to go pre-covid (2017-2019) because the team was so bad.

Edited by Crazy Cat Gentleman

The Tigers are 28-43 against teams in their own division - with a losing record against all 4 teams - and 47-39 against everyone else in baseball. In that early bad streak they were 4-13 within the division. So even after that first 32 games and they began to hit their stride they were still only 24-30. 

You would think the Tigers would have some edge against other teams due to familiarity. But other teams in the division appear to know how to handle the Tigers better than they do them. It can’t be bad luck. AL Central teams must see weaknesses that other teams outside the division cannot exploit as well.

12 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

The only rational explanation for all this is that everyone else in the division is using garbage can lids and we’re not. 

Perhaps Fetter's magic wears off the more times an opponent gets a look at us. Of course that wouldn't explain us sucking against the division from the start but its the best explanation I can come up with.