Biden's presidency

ewsieg

3 minutes ago, Triggerwarning said:

Even Larry Summers thinks Biden's fiscal and print and spend polcies are a horrible failure. Summers was Obama's Treasury Secretary.  “These are the least responsible fiscal macroeconomic policy we’ve have had for the last 40 years,” Summers said.

Summers was a measure of how economically conservative Obama really was. If the old-school GOP still existed that's were Summers would be by ideology, but being ensconced in liberal academia he stays a Dem and remains just about the most rightward of nominally Democratic economists.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Summers was a measure of how economically conservative Obama really was. If the old-school GOP still existed that's were Summers would be by ideology, but being ensconced in liberal academia he stays a Dem and remains just about the most rightward of nominally Democratic economists.

Does is make you feel better about yourself to try to make your political party of preference less extreme? Biden wants to spend trillions of dollars during runaway inflation. Too bad Biden isn't and old school Democrat because the likes of Obama and Clinton don't exist anymore in today Democratic party. 

Edited by Triggerwarning

17 minutes ago, Triggerwarning said:

Does is make you feel better about yourself to try to make your political party of preference less extreme? Biden wants to spend trillions of dollars during runaway inflation. Too bad Biden isn't and old school Democrat because the likes of Obama and Clinton don't exist anymore in today Democratic party. 

LOL - Larry Summers doesn't make me feel anything about myself bro. Get over your rookie self

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Triggerwarning said:

Trump kept QE going while bragging about having the greatest economy ever.  Your house is glass at best.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Triggerwarning said:

Even Larry Summers thinks Biden's fiscal and print and spend polcies are a horrible failure. Summers was Obama's Treasury Secretary.  “These are the least responsible fiscal macroeconomic policy we’ve have had for the last 40 years,” Summers said.

even larry summers has an opinion 

53 minutes ago, Triggerwarning said:

If I'm reading this right, you're saying that Biden is worse than every president in the last 40 years, except for Reagan?

42 minutes ago, pfife said:

Trump kept QE going while bragging about having the greatest economy ever.  Your house is glass at best.

They started to raise interest rates in the second year of Trump's presidency.  This hurt the market which hurt Trump's feelings.  Then, it seemed like Trump intimidated them into dropping the rates again.  Great economic policy there!

So apparently we are supposed to approve spending bills like this almost every year...or at least propose them.  When was the last one?  America First?  What about before that?

I am sure this is not a unique thought, but I wonder if we are supposed to have a spending bill almost every year...in years we do not....do we just stock pile money?

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

They started to raise interest rates in the second year of Trump's presidency.  This hurt the market which hurt Trump's feelings.  Then, it seemed like Trump intimidated them into dropping the rates again.  Great economic policy there!

oh yes he definitely applied pressure to Jerome Powell on exactly this.  It's hilarious that people come here and talk about inflation but don't have anything to say about this.

5 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

So apparently we are supposed to approve spending bills like this almost every year...or at least propose them.  When was the last one?  America First?  What about before that?

I am sure this is not a unique thought, but I wonder if we are supposed to have a spending bill almost every year...in years we do not....do we just stock pile money?

No money is being stockpiled.  The debt is 29 trillion!  And that has been accumulating for a long time regardless of the party in power.  

3 hours ago, Triggerwarning said:

Is this the same Larry Summers who is enthusiastically backing the BBB Act?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, pfife said:

Thanks for saving Christmas, Brandon!!!

I noticed someone in the comments talking about Thanksgiving reporting on the cost of the dinner being higher this year.

Kroger ran a promo where they gave us a free turkey because we spent $100 on groceries last week lol

Edited by mtutiger

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I noticed someone in the comments talking about Thanksgiving reporting on the cost of the dinner being higher this year.

Kroger ran a promo where they gave us a free turkey because we spent $100 on groceries last week lol

Well hells bells. I guess a Kroger free Turkey must mean supply chain issues, run away inflation , increased gas prices , etc don’t matter.

Just give the plebs their freaking free Kroger Turkey and tell them to shut up and stuff their pie hole.

Just now, Triggerwarning said:

Well hells bells. I guess a Kroger free Turkey must mean supply chain issues, run away inflation , increased gas prices , etc don’t matter.

Did I say that?

2 minutes ago, Triggerwarning said:

Just give the plebs their freaking free Kroger Turkey and tell them to shut up and stuff their pie hole.

Did I say that?