Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

55 minutes ago, Archie said:

People want to laugh about Trump and Kim Jong Un but they are forgetting that Trump did what no other POTUS was able to do. That was to have an open dialog with him that lessened the thread of the rouge nation. 

Trump is an idiot, I get it, but I won't deny that he did good things. Had Obama or any other POTUS accomplished what Trump did, you and the MSM would be gushing about it forever.  

Trump tried a different tactic.  Previous ones weren't really working, so with that, guess i'll give him credit.  But he didn't actually accomplish anything with NK.  I defended him on trade with China, which ironically involved things a more progressive person would do (tariff's), but with that too, there was no result either. 

4 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Trump tried a different tactic.  Previous ones weren't really working, so with that, guess i'll give him credit.  But he didn't actually accomplish anything with NK.  I defended him on trade with China, which ironically involved things a more progressive person would do (tariff's), but with that too, there was no result either. 

It eased tensions while Trump was in office. Now that he's gone tensions are right back to what they were.  Sooner or later Jong Un's going to do something stupid and we'll be at war.  The question is who will we be at war with first?  China, Iran or NK?  China and Iran are the biggest threat.  NK is just crazy.

Maybe I should take China off the list since Joe, Hunter and the General are in bed wth them.

36 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Also, one could argue that Presidents who are in tough negotiations with adversarial powers (let alone a murderous dictator) aren't obligated to hang their portraits on the wall.

I'm kind of having a tough time imagining Dwight Eisenhower hanging a picture of Nikita Khruschev on the wall of his personal home, for instance.

Edited by mtutiger

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Lets play the imagine if Obama did that game. Imagine if Obama had a picture prominently displayed of himself with Kim Jung Un. 

Archie will just play the 'imagine if Don Jr or Ivanka had that much of a financial stake in China as Hunter.' 

....wasn't this a gun crimes thread?

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Archie will just play the 'imagine if Don Jr or Ivanka had that much of a financial stake in China as Hunter.' 

....wasn't this a gun crimes thread?

Ivanka does have a financial stake in China though. Ivanka was also a government official. Hunter is not. 

Edited by Motown Bombers
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pfife said:

it's hilarious how detached from what's actually happening the posts are.  And he comes here and lectures us about our media bubbles.  

On China, it really is.... tuning out the noise and simply just looking at policy, Biden has been as, if not more, adversarial on China than Trump was. Taiwan is just one example.

Yet the "Joe's in the pocket of China" bleating continues from the Trump sheeple.

Edited by mtutiger

36 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Also, one could argue that Presidents who are in tough negotiations with adversarial powers (let alone a murderous dictator) aren't obligated to hang their portraits on the wall.

I'm kind of having a tough time imagining Dwight Eisenhower hanging a picture of Nikita Khruschev on the wall of his personal home, for instance.

Khruschchev should have sent DDE one of his loafers. DDE probably would have put that the wall.....:classic_laugh:

36 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Ivanka does have a financial stake in China though. Ivanka was also a government official. Hunter is not. 

I'm not looking to argue if one is worse than the other, or even if one is worse at all.  My point on Hunter is simply there are some legitimate ethical concerns, rather it's an ethical issue or not, I can't say, but in a world I'd like more, a world with a more transparent government and journalism in place to ensure that, there would be more eyes on Hunter/China and Hunter/Joe period.  

If electric vehicles were not a political issue and Joe had an R next to him, many of the same people saying there are no issues, would definitely want to know more about his involvement with China for the world's largest Cobalt mine and now that Dad's in charge, him using tax payer dollars to incentivize the purchase of electric vehicles.  Instead you just hear that he's no longer on the board of that company.  What you don't hear is that he still holds a significant stake in that company.

As an example, Joe Manchin.  You guys don't even like him right now.  He's the reason the prescription drug plan in BBB was scaled back so much.  Yet it's widely known among conservative media, and easily verifiable elsewhere, that his daughter is a pharma CEO who helped ensure inflated prices for epi-pens.  Still, the left is fine with this well known fact and instead of pointing it out, they go to their constituents blaming the GOP.  

Edited by ewsieg

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

i think its worse than he didnt accomplish anything, he got played by north korea.

in fairness to trump, everyone who deals with north korea gets played by them.  they have nuclear weapons and that threat is enough to get people to give them things.  trump was no different than anyone else in that regard.

its good to try new things in diplomacy, but i think he just ended with the same result and made himself look bad in the process.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Lets play the imagine if Obama did that game. Imagine if Obama had a picture prominently displayed of himself with Kim Jung Un. 

Obama has met with a lot of less than desirable people including Louis Farahakan.  He invited a terrorist group - BLM to the WH.  By Trump displaying that picture I would assume he was proud of an accomplishment that no other POTUS had.