Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Most people I know prefer the term illegal alien.  The term immigrant makes them sound like they are legally and legitimately in the US.  There is more than one way to legally enter the country and these people should use them.  Not rush our borders and illegally enter the US.  These laws should be enforced.

Ok I prefer immigrant and I control my posts.  I reject your preferences as they relate to my posts.

On 10/6/2021 at 12:56 PM, Tigerbomb13 said:

Here we go again. No fatalities, but the shooter is still on the loose. 

I read that the school shooter was released on a $75,000 bond.  That sends a heck of a message.  Shoot the school up on Wednesday and be home on Thursday.  He does have to wear an ankle monitor to make it better.

A Ferndale Pastor is facing Attempted Murder chargers because he was driving drunk up north and the cops tried to talk to him at a convenience store and he refused to speak to them.   Took off, hit a building and threw his car in reverse and aimed for the cops and slammed into a patrol car.    He had 8 DUIs already.     You know, I'm sorry if you have a substance abuse problem, but I would say that you should probably be spending 20-30 years behind bars once you've hit 4 or 5 DUIs.   How was this allowed to happen?  Because he quotes The Bible?           All these PSAs about Drinking & Driving and this guy's out there.   Pretty hollow warnings from our criminal justice system.   Lucky he didn't kill anyone.  

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A Ferndale Pastor is facing Attempted Murder chargers because he was driving drunk up north and the cops tried to talk to him at a convenience store and he refused to speak to them.   Took off, hit a building and threw his car in reverse and aimed for the cops and slammed into a patrol car.    He had 8 DUIs already.     You know, I'm sorry if you have a substance abuse problem, but I would say that you should probably be spending 20-30 years behind bars once you've hit 4 or 5 DUIs.   How was this allowed to happen?  Because he quotes The Bible?           All these PSAs about Drinking & Driving and this guy's out there.   Pretty hollow warnings from our criminal justice system.   Lucky he didn't kill anyone.  

File that under "Spirits Filled Retreat"

My dad had 5 DUI's mostly in the 70's. When he got his license suspended in Michigan, he went to Minnesota and used a relatives address and got a license in Minnesota and registered his car there. Back then they didn't have easily accessible databases they do now. He then lost the Minnesota license and went to Florida and got another one. After the 5th DUI and my brother being born, he decided to change his ways. 

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

My dad had 5 DUI's mostly in the 70's. When he got his license suspended in Michigan, he went to Minnesota and used a relatives address and got a license in Minnesota and registered his car there. Back then they didn't have easily accessible databases they do now. He then lost the Minnesota license and went to Florida and got another one. After the 5th DUI and my brother being born, he decided to change his ways. 

LOL - IIRC, when we moved to MN they still hadn't computerized the DMV, and that was 30 yrs after 1970! They were just working on it in the late 2000's. It was a strange outlier since in general government services seemed far better there than in MI.

16 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - IIRC, when we moved to MN they still hadn't computerized the DMV, and that was 30 yrs after 1970! They were just working on it in the late 2000's. It was a strange outlier since in general government services seemed far better there than in MI.

Isn't Minnesota the state where they give people with DUI's white plates?

The You Tube suggestions threw this video on my list and I don't know why.   I watched it.  There is no narration, in fact, no sound, other than ambient.     This was filmed around Kensington Ave area of Philadelphia.   Drug Zombies looking like the Walking Dead.  Some are passed out on the dirty ground others are literally just frozen like statues.  It's scary and so sad and I realize how lucky I am.    Detroit gets such a bad rap, but I have never seen this in Detroit, not on this scale.    How does this happen in an American city? 

9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This is a time I am extremely grateful that Trump is not on Twitter.  Grateful for the victim's family.    

He’ll release a statement under the imprimatur of 45th President of the United States, in the same manner he “eulogized” Colin Powell.

They haven't said what exactly happened but several people have been killed in Hollywood productions with these "prop" guns.  Even though a blank cartridge doesn't have a bullet projectile the force of the cartridge explosion can do serious damage if close enough.  I wonder if this was during filming the scene or Baldwin was screwing around?

The original story I saw included a sheriff’s office quote that they were filming a scene.

Doesn’t mean that’s true and that he wasn’t really just screwing around. It’s also possible that he accidentally mishandled the gun while picking it up, and also possible that he legitimately threatened the cinematographer in the manner of phony tough guy act gone awry.

This is one of those things where we may never know what actually happened. There’s too much money tied up in the guy and in the business for them to let the chips fall where they may with the media.

Edited by chasfh

1 minute ago, Archie said:

They haven't said what exactly happened but several people have been killed in Hollywood productions with these "prop" guns.  Even though a blank cartridge doesn't have a bullet projectile the force of the cartridge explosion can do serious damage if close enough.  I wonder if this was during filming the scene or Baldwin was screwing around?

I am wondering if he was waving it around and it had a sensitive trigger.   But even the explosion from a blank or paper wadding would require someone to be standing up close, really close.  Since two people got hit, it sounds like it might have been a live round.     

A few years ago there was a movie with William Hurt being shot about Greg Allman.   There was a dream scene where Allman is sleeping in a bed on railroad tracks as a train bears down.    The director was denied permission to use the railroad tracks, but ignored that and shot the scene anyway on a bridge, and as you can guess, a real train came along.  Everyone cleared the tracks but when the train hit the bed a metal piece flew off and hit a camera assistant in the head and neck and killed her.     Senseless.   

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The original story I saw included a sheriff’s office quote that they were filming a scene.

Doesn’t mean that’s true and that he wasn’t really just screwing around. It’s also possible that he accidentally mishandled the gun while picking it up, and also possible that he legitimately threatened the cinematographer in the manner of phony tough guy act gone awry.

This is one of those things where we may never know what actually happened. There’s too much money tied up in the guy and in the business for them to let the chips fall where they may with the media.

If the police are investigating this, they have to come forward with the information.  They can't cover that up.    The reason why the gun was lethal may never be known, but the actual action that happened will have to be reported.   Plus there will be a lawsuit coming.