Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

If the police are investigating this, they have to come forward with the information.  They can't cover that up.    The reason why the gun was lethal may never be known, but the actual action that happened will have to be reported.   Plus there will be a lawsuit coming.  

It doesn't help that Alec Baldwin has a legendary bad temper.  

13 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

If the police are investigating this, they have to come forward with the information.  They can't cover that up.    The reason why the gun was lethal may never be known, but the actual action that happened will have to be reported.   Plus there will be a lawsuit coming.  

Are you new around these parts? 😏

The police will do whatever is in their best interests, as always.

Plus there were dozens of witnesses here.  This isn't Robert Wagner pushing Natalie Wood off a boat in the dark with nobody watching.   That happened in the company town and could be covered up to protect the studio and it's star (before Al Gore invented the internet).  .  This didn't happen in the dark.    Someone's going to say something.  

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Plus there were dozens of witnesses here.  This isn't Robert Wagner pushing Natalie Wood off a boat in the dark with nobody watching.   That happened in the company town and could be covered up to protect the studio and it's star (before Al Gore invented the internet).  .  This didn't happen in the dark.    Someone's going to say something.  

We've arrived at the point in history where people in control can work up a narrative about a major incident for public consumption, can obtain cooperation from most of those below them who want to maintain their employment and/or profession in good standing, and anyone else who goes off message publicly can be effectively dismissed as an attention-seeker, crackpot, malcontent, any number of things. This has happened and can again. I am not all predicting any this of will happen. I'm just answering your point, is all.

And anyway, Christopher Walken was watching.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I am wondering if he was waving it around and it had a sensitive trigger.   But even the explosion from a blank or paper wadding would require someone to be standing up close, really close.  Since two people got hit, it sounds like it might have been a live round.     

A few years ago there was a movie with William Hurt being shot about Greg Allman.   There was a dream scene where Allman is sleeping in a bed on railroad tracks as a train bears down.    The director was denied permission to use the railroad tracks, but ignored that and shot the scene anyway on a bridge, and as you can guess, a real train came along.  Everyone cleared the tracks but when the train hit the bed a metal piece flew off and hit a camera assistant in the head and neck and killed her.     Senseless.   

If I remember correctly Brandon Lee was killed when something was stuck in the barrel and projected out when the blank was fired.  This could be the case now.  If Baldwin was screwing around or somehow at fault he could be facing a manslaughter charge.

Most people trained to use firearms, the first thing they do when picking up a firearm is to check to see if its loaded, has ammo chambered, safety, etc.  You also never rely on what someone tells you. Sounds like they need some proper training on these sets. 

1 hour ago, pfife said:

trial seems like a hot mess

all I know is that you must be wearing you bigotry like a beacon on your forehead to tell a "joke" like that to a court officer.

The only circumstance I can think of under which the guy wasn't a total creep is that he realized he really wasn't up to this trial and needed to come up with the most foolproof way he could get booted with no pleading and no other questions asked. 

Edited by gehringer_2