Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

Jussie Smollet gets 150 days in county and informs everyone in the courtroom that he is not suicidal and to make sure they remember that in case he dies and they claim he did this to himself.  He than puts up a black power fist as he's led out.   The DA should bring him up on perjury charges although i'm guessing Chicago just wants to be done with this.

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Jussie Smollet gets 150 days in county and informs everyone in the courtroom that he is not suicidal and to make sure they remember that in case he dies and they claim he did this to himself.  He than puts up a black power fist as he's led out.   The DA should bring him up on perjury charges although i'm guessing Chicago just wants to be done with this.

always crying victim.  lying sack of crap.

too bad 313 isnt here anymore to tell us all how bussie was telling the truth.

and then our esteemed "prosecutor" goes off defending him and criticizing the decision in a sun times op ed.  

she really doesnt understand that she is the PROSECUTOR and not a public defender.

last time she ran, the machine put multiple white candidates against her to make sure to divide the white vote so she would win, i wonder if they do that again in 2 years?  

lol.  of course they will, what am i thinking?

On 2/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, Archie said:

I saw this article and it made me think of you.

1 killed, at least 24 injured in shooting outside Arkansas car show, police say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/03/19/arkansas-car-show-shooting-dumas/

5 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

My Governor made two boneheaded moves today. I see no reason to remove CCW permits. Also, boys shouldn’t get to pretend to be girls and compete in their sport.

https://law.duke.edu/sports/sex-sport/comparative-athletic-performance/

high school age boys routinely outperform the best women in the world.  and its not close.  

the us womens soccer team (that's supposedly far superior to the rest of the world) played a team of high school boys from dallas.  and got crushed.

i'm not sure how they go about reconciling this with the current trans-inclusion moment were having, but at some point people will need to realize there is a difference between "biological sex" - which USUALLY comes with all sorts of physical advantages for males - and "gender" which is largely a social creation.  sports is one are where the differences in biology between men and women matter.  a lot.

36 minutes ago, buddha said:

high school age boys routinely outperform the best women in the world.  and its not close.  

the us womens soccer team (that's supposedly far superior to the rest of the world) played a team of high school boys from dallas.  and got crushed.

i'm not sure how they go about reconciling this with the current trans-inclusion moment were having, but at some point people will need to realize there is a difference between "biological sex" - which USUALLY comes with all sorts of physical advantages for males - and "gender" which is largely a social creation.  sports is one are where the differences in biology between men and women matter.  a lot.

From what I saw, the governor's statement explicitly noted he was not vetoing on the merits, but on the ground that the legislation was pre-mature in view of their not being any cases in his state.

Edited by gehringer_2

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

From what I saw, the governor's statement explicitly noted he was not vetoing on the merits, but on the ground that the legislation was pre-mature in view of their not being any cases in his state.

i dont mind the veto, a lot of these laws are poorly written (like most laws), but the general principle will need to be addressed at some point and in some fashion that recognizes trans rights while also recognizing the reality of the effects of human biology and the sex differences between men and women.

i doubt a bill from the indiana legislature does that.

7 hours ago, buddha said:

This has been on the agenda at the Olympic committee for a few decades and I don't think they yet have an answer anyone likes. Chromosome analysis was tried and discarded, testosterone testing was tried and discarded and re instituted in conjunction with genetic testing, and back and forth in various courts....and the arguments continue. I doubt US school boards are going to be able to resolve it neatly either. Human like neat rules, nature tends to throw things at us in a spectrum before you even consider cases of medical intervention or re-assignment.

Edited by gehringer_2

last year was on par with the late 90s for murders.  which is amazing considering how far medical technology has advanced.

this year is on par with 2016-2017 (185 versus 193).  which was the highest murders had been since....the 90s.  

im not sure 185 as opposed to 205 is anything to brag about, but the mayor needs some good pub with the election coming up soon, but maybe npr runs with it and tells us how much the "non-violent" programs are working?  lol.

chicago murders by april 1:

2022: 185

2021: 205

2020: 165

2019: 151

2018: 157

2017: 197

2016: 193

2015: 124

2014: 111

(carjackings are technically down too!  2022: 394, 2021: 401, 2020: 183, 2019: 100)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

This is NOT a random shooting… suspect had a gas mask on.  Prepped for this

Police, fire, ATF - huge presence on site.

Why is it always the people targeted are just trying to go to work or school?? 

Because it plays at a major vulnerability, our freedom to move. 

I still don't think our drinking water supply is very protected.  That's the one that scares me - because by the time it would be discovered..........

• Thanks 1