Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

15 minutes ago, pfife said:

When I get done with that post he'll be wishing I was still asking him what we got out of the summit

You could ask him why he thought, in the midst of all the human suffering in Ukraine caused by alt-right poster boy Putin, that this was exactly the correct time for a link to a gun nut magazine that absolutely no one was going to click on, to apparently correct a grievous error made by every Hollywood script writer for the past 40 years.  Seriously...that is what is important today?  The lack of empathy, the lack of sensitivity is just appalling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

You could ask him why he thought, in the midst of all the human suffering in Ukraine caused by alt-right poster boy Putin, that this was exactly the correct time for a link to a gun nut magazine that absolutely no one was going to click on, to apparently correct a grievous error made by every Hollywood script writer for the past 40 years.  Seriously...that is what is important today?  The lack of empathy, the lack of sensitivity is just appalling.

Glad you just did.

Much like how I wouldn't fight Mike Tyson, he doesn't respond to me. 

Speaking of an impeccable sense of timing, we had 2 events on the weekend here in Hamilton.  One was a nice rally down at city hall, lots of Ukrainian flags (Canada has the third-most Ukrainians in the world), local dignitaries etc., very nice.

Do you know what the other one was?  A parade of a dozen or so of those fuckheads in their oversized pickups, waving Canadian flags, honking their horns and protesting about their freedoms from wearing a cloth mask once in a while.

9 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Speaking of an impeccable sense of timing, we had 2 events on the weekend here in Hamilton.  One was a nice rally down at city hall, lots of Ukrainian flags (Canada has the third-most Ukrainians in the world), local dignitaries etc., very nice.

Do you know what the other one was?  A parade of a dozen or so of those fuckheads in their oversized pickups, waving Canadian flags, honking their horns and protesting about their freedoms from wearing a cloth mask once in a while.

the most powerful politician in illinois was just indicted on federal racketeering charges, continuing the long tradition of corrupt illinois politicians going to prison.

if it cant be the governor, than gosh darn it, make it the head of the illinois house of representatives and the state's democratic party for the last 30 years.

have fun behind bars mike madigan, ya crook.

11 minutes ago, buddha said:

the most powerful politician in illinois was just indicted on federal racketeering charges, continuing the long tradition of corrupt illinois politicians going to prison.

if it cant be the governor, than gosh darn it, make it the head of the illinois house of representatives and the state's democratic party for the last 30 years.

have fun behind bars mike madigan, ya crook.

so they finally got Madigan? That's sure been a long time coming.

6 hours ago, Archie said:

I'm just trying to help people gain some knowledge so they know what they're talking about.  Its hard to argue a position if you don't. 

1. No one likes being talked down to. “Let me help you so you know what I know. Then you can talk to me on my level.”

2. Arguing the position has to do with the crazy sized capacity for ammunition to kill too many victims in so little time. I happen to know the difference between a magazine and a clip. Doesn’t enter into the argument.

What is your point? Knowing the difference between a magazine and a clip will change minds about random shootings with multiple casualties?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Netnerd said:

1. No one likes being talked down to. “Let me help you so you know what I know. Then you can talk to me on my level.”

2. Arguing the position has to do with the crazy sized capacity for ammunition to kill too many victims in so little time. I happen to know the difference between a magazine and a clip. Doesn’t enter into the argument.

What is your point? Knowing the difference between a magazine and a clip will change minds about random shootings with multiple casualties?

It just basically means they have no concrete arguments beyond semantics.

In other words he's got nothing of substance to contribute to the argument

12 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

These same people have no problem giving us their opinions on Covid-19 despite knowing nothing about epidemiology, biochemistry or microbiology.    

if we were required to have knowledge of the stuff we say on this site, the political board would cease to exist.

If you want to talk about something that some people here are passionate about they should at least know what they are talking about.  If someone wants to talk about cars would they be taken seriously if they called the tire a door or the bumper a brake? No, and its the same with firearms.  I was pointing out they are using the wrong terminology that shows they don't know much about firearms.  

3 minutes ago, Archie said:

If you want to talk about something that some people here are passionate about they should at least know what they are talking about.  If someone wants to talk about cars would they be taken seriously if they called the tire a door or the bumper a brake? No, and its the same with firearms.  I was pointing out they are using the wrong terminology that shows they don't know much about firearms.  

the thread is about gun legislation not guns.   It's in the title.  Perhaps you should know what you're talking about first mkay?

Edited by pfife
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Personally, I don’t think you need to know the first thing about firearms to want to keep them from being so freely available that they kill 45,000 Americans every year.

or alternatively, you already do know the single most important thing.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1