NBA Season 2021-2022

pfife

I was hoping for the 76ers to wind up in the #1 spot to face Brooklyn in the first round, but as long as they stay at #4 I'm ok with that too. I just don't want to see the 76ers vs the Nets in the ECF because I'll have nobody to root for.

Love seeing the Lakers slip to 11. AD is supposed to be back tonight against the Pelicans so that's a huge game. Spurs play Portland twice, so hopefully they can hold on to the 10 seed if the Pelicans can beat LA tonight.

Just like we all predicted, OKC beats Phoenix.

On the overview of the game, CBS Sports usually lists each teams leading scorer along with their picture.  They didn't even have a picture of the guy, Olivier Sarr, who lead OKC in scoring.  Just a big grayed out picture icon.  

• Haha 1

I see a a lot of Pistons fans arguing Cade should win ROY.  They say forget the bad start and look how he is playing now.

OK, if you do that then you might have to vote for Jalen Green.  Kid has been playing out of his mind lately.  Today he had his fourth 30+ point game in a row.

16 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I see a a lot of Pistons fans arguing Cade should win ROY.  They say forget the bad start and look how he is playing now.

OK, if you do that then you might have to vote for Jalen Green.  Kid has been playing out of his mind lately.  Today he had his fourth 30+ point game in a row.

I don't think it's just Pistons fans.  I have seen very little national hype for Green, which is a little strange.  It's always Mobley and Barnes, with Cade looming just a little bit on the outside right now.  

I also don't know what to make of late season surges by young players on teams that are tanking.  Which applies to Cade and Green.  I will say this for Cade...he does play on both ends of the court.  I can't speak for Green because I don't watch Houstan.  

This year they seem to be overly concerned with the team's record, as if this is the MVP race and not the Rookie of the Year race. Because Mobley and Barnes are on playoff teams they've been getting more love all year long and since people don't like to be wrong with their early season "hot takes" they're just going to stick to their guns and give it to one of those two.

Fact is that Cade has been seeing more doubles than most of the stars in this league, has absolutely ridiculous on/off numbers, and is shouldering more responsibility than any of the other top rookies. His numbers since January have been RoY worthy (10 of the last 11 who had those numbers won the award - with Magic Johnson only losing to Bird) and while Jalen has also come on lately, it took him a bit longer and his stats are more one-dimensional.

I don't think it's clear cut that Cade is most deserving, but the case is a lot stronger than most people are giving credit and of all awards, RoY should be the least impacted by team record.

But it's fine. RoY is meaningless so let's give Cade that Detroit vs Everybody chip on his shoulder and hopefully he'll come back even better next year.

Green has been pretty impressive scoring wise lately but even with him scoring like he has the Rockets are still playing better with him off the court.

He's basically living up to what people thought he would be and that is an elite scorer but doesn't bring much else to the table. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Green has been pretty impressive scoring wise lately but even with him scoring like he has the Rockets are still playing better with him off the court.

He's basically living up to what people thought he would be and that is an elite scorer but doesn't bring much else to the table. 

His ISO defense has been fantastic.  Last week he clamped Murray down in those last two possessions and was very impressive doing so.

I don't have access to the stats.  But multiple people have said Green ranks #1 for the rookies in ISO defense.

On 4/3/2022 at 10:10 PM, Deleterious said:

Cade does a lot more than just score though and has been playing well for longer than Green has. With that said, Green will likely be the best scorer in this draft when all is said and done, which is what pretty much everybody predicted.

ROY doesn't matter anyway. I have little doubt that Cade will wind up being the best player in this draft class, he's just too damn good in a lot of areas. I think he has top 10 player in the league potential.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1