NBA Season 2021-2022

pfife

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

There is still a large bias against foreign players even among basketball people.

Look at the predraft resume of Luka and you will see a huge bias against foreign players.  No American born player would put up this resume and then get drafted behind turds like Ayton and Bagley.

Remember.  Euroleague is the second best league on earth.  The ACB is considered the third best league, and second best domestic league after the NBA.  And Luka completely dominated both of them.

Yeah admittedly I didn't follow that draft or the predraft rankings that closely that year since the Pistons traded their pick to LAC for Blake, but with that said for as accomplished as Luka was and obviously as skilled as he was you'd think even as an outsider that didn't pay much attention I would've heard more hype about him but I really didn't, atleast that I can recall. 

I watched cball so I was familiar with Trae Young and heard the hype about him so my original thoughts on that trade were that the Hawks made out great. As good as Trae has been he obviously isn't no Luka.

Edited by RandyMarsh

Speaking of Luka and the Euroleague, I recently saw an interview he did with JJ Redick, JJ asked him about the differences between the leagues and while Luka said the NBA obviously has better players he thinks for him it is actually easier because of the rules.

He specifically mentioned the 3 sec without guarding rule that they have in the NBA makes it so much easier for him offensively.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

OKC played 6 guys tonight.  Here are their season minute totals:

Hoard - 194 minutes

Kalaitzakis - 118 minutes

Roby - 930 minutes

Simpson - 129 minutes

Krejci - 650 minutes

Frazier - 76 

Pretty impressive tanking right there.  I am kind of rooting for them to never land in the top 3 with all those picks.  

So we are one game up with one left.  Worst case scenario we tie for third.  

OKC plays LAC and the Clips have nothing to play for, they are locked into their playin game already.

We play Philly tomorrow and they will have something to play for, no matter if they win or lose today.  They will either be looking to hold off Toronto or catch Boston.  Boston, Toronto, and our game are all at 7PM.

Never forget Chad Ford's post draft take of Darko. On top of this he also said pre draft he had low post moves that rivaled Hakeem Olajuwon.

Darko is really one of a kind. He runs the floor, handles the ball, shoots the NBA 3 and plays with his back to the basket, so you can slot him in at the 3, 4 or 5 positions. OK, a few other guys can do that too; what sets Darko apart is his toughness in the post. You have to love a guy who has the footwork to spin by an opponent but still prefers to lower a shoulder and bang. Fact is, Milicic plays in attack-mode at both ends of the floor. The more you push, the more he pushes back. While he won't be asked to carry the Pistons, he's capable of doing this earlier than you think.

13 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Never forget Chad Ford's post draft take of Darko. On top of this he also said pre draft he had low post moves that rivaled Hakeem Olajuwon.

FWIW, years after the fact in an SI feature, Darko said he really never wanted to play. So what he could do was less important than what he would do.

55 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Embiid is the first C since Moses Malone in 1982 to average 30+ ppg.

Just to put some perspective on that, I just eyeballed NBA 30 & over season averages on basketball reference.  There have been 73 season averages of 30 & over, and 36 of those were before 1982.  David Robinson averaged 29.79 in ‘93-‘94, Shaquille O’Neal 29.67 in ‘99-‘00.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Chuck is right.  

lebron will find a way to blame someone else and then leave the team complaining that they didnt put a good enough team around him...even though they did whatever he wanted.  ask cleveland.  or miami.

• Like 1