NBA Season 2021-2022

pfife

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Lakers just lost to the Suns and are now officially eliminated from the playoffs.  They cant even make the play in game.

Great night last night with the OKC win and the Lakers loss. Now I just Philly and Brooklyn to meet in the second round so one of them gets eliminated before the ECF.

20 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Green had 30 tonight. His fifth straight game with at least 30 points.

I just went and watched the highlights.  Almost all dunks and open threes.  It may not matter for his rookie of the year case but I have questions if that is going to be good enough to lead a franchise long term.  You don't get those kind of looks in the playoffs when teams prioritize stopping you.  

21 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Guys that can get to the rim, hit the open jumper, and plays good defense can lead a team.

Getting to the rim against good defense is the part I have the question about.  I have watched his highlights a few times and his baskets at the hoop are usually wide open dunks.  That's great but those are hard to come by in meaningful games.  Maybe if you watch him on a nightly business, you get to see more of what I see watching Cade on a nightly basis...the ability to finish tough shots going left or right over good defense.  If Green has that, watch out. 

2 hours ago, Hart said:

Getting to the rim against good defense is the part I have the question about.  I have watched his highlights a few times and his baskets at the hoop are usually wide open dunks.  That's great but those are hard to come by in meaningful games.  Maybe if you watch him on a nightly business, you get to see more of what I see watching Cade on a nightly basis...the ability to finish tough shots going left or right over good defense.  If Green has that, watch out. 

Your concern is valid, especially about the playoffs.  That is why I feel it is so important to make the playoffs by year 3 of the rebuild.  So you can see how the kids perform before you have to start handing out those big extensions.

3 years later and he finally gets the ring. Funny thing is is that he won with the Lakers in 2020 so he received his ring from his 3rd championship before his 2nd championship.  For those wondering why it took so long, Green insisted on wanting to get it in front of the Raptors fans and this was the first time he has played in Toronto since then due to all the restrictions the past couple years.

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Despite being the reigning MVP and possibly winning it again this year I still find Jokic to be strangely underappreciated..atleast by the average NBA fan. I'm sure the diehards understand his greatness but I think your everyday fan probably doesn't realize how good he is.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Damn Math!  2000/1000/500 are just big round numbers.   27/14/8 is freaking unbelievable.  

I think this is more relatable than the counting stats.  Probably not as analytically good as per 36 minute or per 100 possession stats or some of the other advanced stats, but I think they work fine for a quick glance.

8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Despite being the reigning MVP and possibly winning it again this year I still find Jokic to be strangely underappreciated..atleast by the average NBA fan. I'm sure the diehards understand his greatness but I think your everyday fan probably doesn't realize how good he is.  

There is still a large bias against foreign players even among basketball people.

Look at the predraft resume of Luka and you will see a huge bias against foreign players.  No American born player would put up this resume and then get drafted behind turds like Ayton and Bagley.

Remember.  Euroleague is the second best league on earth.  The ACB is considered the third best league, and second best domestic league after the NBA.  And Luka completely dominated both of them.

My award list.

MVP - Jokic but Embiid and Giannis are fine here as well.

DPOY -  Bam.  It should have been Bam last year.  But voters are stuck in 1997 where they think rim protection is still king.  But when teams take 30, 40, 50 three pointers a game, guess where your best defender should be?  Bam switches better than any big in the league while still offering adequate rim protection.  The knock against him is only playing in about 55 games.

MIP - Dejounte Murray.  Could probably put 5 or 6 other players in here without much argument.

COY - Monty Williams.  Another award where you could have multiple guys.  Finch, Kidd, Bickerstaff, Spoelstra, Jenkins.  Ty Lue didn't have PG13 or Leonard all year and still made the playin game.

6th Man - Herro.  He is the only choice here.

ROY - Mobley.  But I am seeing a lot of media people pick Barnes.  So don't be shocked if he wins.  Cade will have to make do with being a permanent fixture on the All-NBA team for the next 12-15 years.