2023 Detroit Tigers Regular Season Discussion Thread

oblong

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I'll bet Nick is back Friday...

He’s been hitting well in Toledo, but so was Nevin.  He may have gotten his eye for the strike zone readjusted, too.  Maybe he has just dug himself such a hole that the only way out was cheap success in AAA?  I don’t know.

Hopefully he’s slated for 2B rather than 3B upon his return.  I think those positions will be pretty much platoon with McKinstry & Maton vs RHPs and Ibanez & Short vs LHPs.

15 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Marisnick designated for assignment.  

I hope he can find another team that needs some MLB outfield help. I root for guys like him to hold on long enough to get their 10 years service time. He is approaching 9 years now, So he has his golden ticket, but needs another year plus to hit 10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Elite defense with an awakening bat. Perfect for Dodgers. 

But 32 yrs old. Jake seemed like a good guy and definitely a good glove, but you can't justify keeping an older journeyman on the roster as long as you still have younger guys that might still have upside you need to look at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

But 32 yrs old. Jake seemed like a good guy and definitely a good glove, but you can't justify keeping an older journeyman on the roster as long as you still have younger guys that might still have upside you need to look at.

Exactly, I honestly hope Jake does well but he won't be here when we are actually in contention. 

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

No your right it’s just that I like defense and it seems over looked. But it is time to stay focused on the youth and he makes great sense for LA as if I give a hoot 🦉 

Immaculate Grid 103 9/9:
Rarity: 85
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Back to back days getting all of them, considering it didn't have the Tigers like yesterday I'm more impressed with myself. Luckily though 2 of the categories were HOFers and .300 seasons which definitely made things easier. 

6 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Immaculate Grid 103 9/9:
Rarity: 85
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com
@immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Back to back days getting all of them, considering it didn't have the Tigers like yesterday I'm more impressed with myself. Luckily though 2 of the categories were HOFers and .300 seasons which definitely made things easier. 

I tried typing freddie freeman, ended up with freddy fermin, and blew it 

I saw somebody on twitter post their results and they got 9/9 with a score of 17. That is crazy! I was killed by my Edwin Encarnacion answer for the middle square which I think was 40 some percent but even if I nailed that one I still would've only been in the 40s despite having a few under 1% answers.

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I saw somebody on twitter post their results and they got 9/9 with a score of 17. That is crazy! I was killed by my Edwin Encarnacion answer for the middle square which I think was 40 some percent but even if I nailed that one I still would've only been in the 40s despite having a few under 1% answers.

I think a lot of people cheat.  B-Ref reported a big surge in their same team tool since the grid started.

I cheat too sometimes, but I don't post my cheated results anywhere.    I get as many answers as I can without cheating.  Then I give myself hints after I give up on the remaining squares.