04/25/2023 7:40pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Milwaukee Brewers

casimir

12 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

I'm a little surprised those indoor fireworks don't violate some health code. must look worse than it is or something.

10 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

As a pro wrestling fan I've been to many WWE shows where they light off fireworks comparable to 4th of July in small basketball/hockey venues. Went to one at Cobo Hall several years back where it took like a half hour for the smoke to clear so you could see the ring. 

Indoor truck rallies used to be very horrible at the Silverdome.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

For now. Wait until the league gets more video of him. But I like his command.

Oh, yeah, he’s still just above High A so he will hit a rough patch, and probably sooner than later. But he is showing a tremendous amount of poise for a kid of his age/experience and is coming through big in some big situations. It’s an encouraging career start.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I am very happy with a 9 - 13 record right now considering strength of schedule.

Do we lead the league in close wins?  Feels like every win we get is a nail biter.  

Maton and Carpenter have really made their hits count this year.  

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

When pitchers come back from TJ surgery, their arms are stronger than before and the breaking pitches will break differently and it takes time to adjust.    I wouldn't worry too much,  Spence was kind of expected to go through this.  

A year to rehab and another half year to be all the way healty.

10 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Wasn't Alexander the pitcher of record? I thought he would get the win.

When the starting pitcher doesn't pitch enough innings. they usually give the win to the next guy if he keeps the lead.  However, they don't have to do so.  It's a scorer's decision.  

I'd like to know how often it happens that way though because it seems pretty rare.  

Edited by Tiger337

15 minutes ago, Hart said:

Do we lead the league in close wins?  Feels like every win we get is a nail biter.  

Maton and Carpenter have really made their hits count this year.  

I don't think we lead the league in total but out of our 9 wins only 3 have been by multiple runs so we may head in percentage of close wins. 

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

When the starting pitcher doesn't pitch enough innings. they usually give the win to the next guy if he keeps the lead.  However, they don't have to do so.  It's a scorer's decision.  

I'd like to know how often it happens that way though because it seems pretty rare.  

Giving it to the guy that works after the starter longest without giving up runs is old school but they did do that back in the day. The more typical '1st guy in after the starter no matter what' that they mostly do now is another aspect of today's lazy scoring.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Oh, yeah, he’s still just above High A so he will hit a rough patch, and probably sooner than later. But he is showing a tremendous amount of poise for a kid of his age/experience and is coming through big in some big situations. It’s an encouraging career start.

He and Holton have been very nice surprises.