2023 NFL Draft As-It-Happens

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Doesn’t surprise me. I’ll wait to see who we get before I’m frustrated about not getting an elite player out of this draft.

I'm bummed we're not taking an elite player either. Passing up in an elite talent, even one as risky as Carter, just to get a second round pick, seems like a bummer of a trade.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

i know i came into this draft thinking "trust brad holmes" but this is really testing my faith.

I'm guessing they are thinking there just isn't that much greatness at the top... well, outside of maybe one or two guys who were gone. They may have figured that whomever they get at 12 is gonna be just as good as who they could have gotten at 6.

i know i came into this draft thinking "trust brad holmes" but this is really testing my faith.

This is where I am.  Hoping that he wasn't so locked into Witherspoon that he **** his pants when Witherspoon went one pick before.

Depends on how their board looked. They very well may get Gonzalez at 12 and pick up a little extra capital. If they would've taken him at 6 to begin with people probably wouldn't have questioned it since many had him as the CB1. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RedRamage said:

I'm guessing they are thinking there just isn't that much greatness at the top... well, outside of maybe one or two guys who were gone. They may have figured that whomever they get at 12 is gonna be just as good as who they could have gotten at 6.

That thinking doesn't make a whole ton of sense.

Ok so they didn't think it was all that great so they moved back in this draft and got another pick in this draft when they didn't need more picks?