07/15/2023 9:40pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Seattle Mariners

casimir

9 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Didn’t Enos Cabell have the game winning hit?

Yes.  I’m still not sure how John Wockenfuss scored from 2B on a single to LF.  I guess it was the whole concept of catching Seattle off guard.  But to his credit, he ran right through Alex Grammas’ stop sign and tackle to score.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Yes.  I’m still not sure how John Wockenfuss scored from 2B on a single to LF.  I guess it was the whole concept of catching Seattle off guard.  But to his credit, he ran right through Alex Grammas’ stop sign and tackle to score.

Johnny knocked Dave Valle on his ass, back in the day when that was allowed.  

34 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I never understood why Pat Underwood started game 2.  Was there a good reason for that or was it just Anderson trying to the smartest guy in the room?  

I never heard a good explanation for that, reporters back then didn't ask him the tough questions.  It is hard enough to use your regular 4 man rotation in a short series, why use a spot starter?  I'm no big Jerry Ujdur fan but he was a lot better than Underwood.

I’m glad you guys have such vivid memories of that game. I was 15 and missed it because I had better things to do - watching the submarine races under the Bluewater Bridge with my the captain of my high school’s cheerleading team and her older sister who was home from college for the weekend. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I’m glad you guys have such vivid memories of that game. I was 15 and missed it because I had better things to do - watching the submarine races under the Bluewater Bridge with my the captain of my high school’s cheerleading team and her older sister who was home from college for the weekend. 

Always admired guys like you.  I was too busy sitting at home conceiving what would eventually be the internet.  You’re all welcome.