07/28/2023 6:40pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Miami Marlins

casimir

2 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Is Donny Sands a good defender?  All he has to do is catch twice a week and NOT pinch hit.

Somebody has to be better than Haase. On top of the stats I posted above he has not drew a walk in his last 98 plate appearances and only has 1HR and 6 extra base hits total in that time. One of the worst 100 ABs from a non pitcher I have ever seen. 

14 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Ok how exactly is Haase a better defender than Carpenter? If anything it’s a lateral move with a much, much, MUCH worse bat. 

Carpenter's OPS vs lefthanders is .617.  Haase's is .395.  These are advanced stats that clearly aren't available to the Tigers' brain trust.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Somebody has to be better than Haase. On top of the stats I posted above he has not drew a walk in his last 98 plate appearances and only has 1HR and 6 extra base hits total in that time. One of the worst 100 ABs from a non pitcher I have ever seen. 

You are down one in the 9th with the tying run at first. And Haase and Baez represent your last hopes. Ouch. In terms of Baez outcomes at the time he signed he must be performing at the 10th percentile. Better than Austin Meadows mind you but still brutal. 

Harris should inquire about Joey Bart. He is out of options and Patrick Bailey is their #1 catcher. They have a reliable #2 and Bart isn’t the heir to the throne of Posey anymore. Bart impresses me as a guy that just needs a change of scenery. SF isn’t in a good position to ask much for him. At least ask.

1 minute ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

Scott Harris should definitely consider filing A.J. Hinch. This team has tuned him out.

Hinch has never impressed me. But he and Harris are inseparable. I’m anxious to see what Harris does these next couple of days. 

Joey Bart is a first round bust. The Tigers already have enough first round bust in the organization: Torkelson, Faedo, and Manning. I don’t care about Manning’s participation in a combined no-hitter. Spencer Turnbull was a second round pick and he hasn’t been able to recover from a stiff neck. Steve Carlton and Orel Hershiser would laught at the soft and weak attitude of Detroit’s pitching staff.

21 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

Scott Harris should definitely consider filing A.J. Hinch. This team has tuned him out.

Nah.  He makes some goofy moves, especially the platoon fetish, but it's a goofy roster.  I don't imagine anyone else would do better, maybe a game or two but nothing magical.  We aren't in any position to determine if the players have tuned him out but so what if they have?  Most of them don't belong here.

10 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

Joey Bart is a first round bust. The Tigers already have enough first round bust in the organization: Torkelson, Faedo, and Manning. I don’t care about Manning’s participation in a combined no-hitter. Spencer Turnbull was a second round pick and he hasn’t been able to recover from a stiff neck. Steve Carlton and Orel Hershiser would laught at the soft and weak attitude of Detroit’s pitching staff.

image.jpeg.4c584322d96f30daa1ffabb1c9e64074.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UCFKNIGHT said:

Joey Bart is a first round bust. 

Detroit is the home of the lost and wandering souls. Harris and Hinch have repeatedly said that Tigerland is where players that are down on their luck can come and see their careers revived. The Tigers are like a wholesale car dealership. Go to auction, pick up something cheap, clean it up and trade it for the next fixer upper.

31 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Harris should inquire about Joey Bart. He is out of options and Patrick Bailey is their #1 catcher. They have a reliable #2 and Bart isn’t the heir to the throne of Posey anymore. Bart impresses me as a guy that just needs a change of scenery. SF isn’t in a good position to ask much for him. At least ask.

Interesting but he isn't better than Rogers, at least I don't think so.  How much money does he make?  Probably too much to catch once or twice a week.  Rogers needs to catch 140 games, provide elite defense, hit 27 home runs, and make All Star teams.  Let's have a look at Donny Sands.

I’d profile Bart at third base and see what you come up with. I think his offense suffered because he was in over his head with the expectations that the Giants had of him following Posey. The Tigers need a third baseman. Whether the Tigers are interested in Bart or not I’m interested in seeing where things go from here with him. 
I’m sure Harris has his opinions of Bart. I just find it hard to believe the second pick in the draft is done already.

2 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Hinch is just ok to me but not the problem. Lack of talent is the problem.  

I agree. So let’s see what Harris has in store the next two days. At some point he’s going to have to sign legitimate major leaguers to move the org forward.

19 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Interesting but he isn't better than Rogers, at least I don't think so.  How much money does he make?  Probably too much to catch once or twice a week.  Rogers needs to catch 140 games, provide elite defense, hit 27 home runs, and make All Star teams.  Let's have a look at Donny Sands.

Not too many catchers catch 140 games.  120 would be nice.