08/29/2023 6:40 pm EDT New York Yankees vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 minute ago, AZTigersfan said:

Tork needs a day off. He’s completely lost at the plate and making defensive gaffs

I don't disagree, but it is funny that  we  were (i.e. the forum) having this very discussion at the beginning of the game when he started his last hot streak. I tend to believe it's too easy for guys with easy power like Torkelson to let themselves get a little lazy, and aside from the fatigue factor a day off can remind them they need to keep up the focus on actually being a good hitter.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't disagree, but it is funny that  we  were (i.e. the forum) having this very discussion at the beginning of the game when he started his last hot streak. I tend to believe it's too easy for guys with easy power like Torkelson to let themselves get a little lazy, and aside from the fatigue factor a day off can remind them they need to keep up the focus on actually being a good hitter.

I hate to say this but Tork looks lazy at the plate and in the field.

He needs to take a seat for awhile and get his head together!

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

Don’t panic. Harris sees something in this guy that no one else is capable of seeing. It’s all good.

I think the idea might be something like, Haase had no more future with the team so why keep him around, and we are taking a $165,000 or so flyer on seeing whether Kelly will be good enough to pick up his ‘24 option and have something decent on the big club while Dingler finishes his development next year. So far it looks like it might not gonna work out exactly that way, but he’s got a month to do a 180, plus, depending on what the deadline is for exercising an option is, the org is probably gonna work with him over the winter and perhaps during spring training before they have to decide.