Matt Shepard Out as Tigers PBP, Jason Benetti In.

mtutiger

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Technically, it’s catch it with one hand and then time the other to cup the ball and secure it in the first hand. It’s the lack of that timing that leads to most bare-handed drops.

I got yelled at by Al Kaline in a camp because I caught my balls wrong.  I guess it was like how Rickey Henderson would do it.  The ball would fall into my glove as my glove was a few inches to the left of my face and I would have my hand right there ready to throw.  I played LF for 4 years in HS and the sun would set to my right as I am facing the plate so when I would use my hand to block it that was the best way to do it.  I played on that same field for probably 10 years so it was a solid habit.  I never dropped a ball, I had a cannon for an arm if I must brag.   I never changed.  I liked being able to see the ball the entire time

21 minutes ago, oblong said:

I got yelled at by Al Kaline in a camp because I caught my balls wrong.  I guess it was like how Rickey Henderson would do it.  The ball would fall into my glove as my glove was a few inches to the left of my face and I would have my hand right there ready to throw.  I played LF for 4 years in HS and the sun would set to my right as I am facing the plate so when I would use my hand to block it that was the best way to do it.  I played on that same field for probably 10 years so it was a solid habit.  I never dropped a ball, I had a cannon for an arm if I must brag.   I never changed.  I liked being able to see the ball the entire time

I mean, that’s a fun story and all but ya gotta come up with better Al Kaline stories to keep up with @The Ronz 😎

32 minutes ago, oblong said:

When I was elementary school we would play softball in gym class and we still had school supplied mitts around that were 1930's style, basically flat padded affairs. That's where the two handed mantra evolved and it was perfectly correct. But all your off hand does if you are wearing any modern 13" OF glove is potentially get in the way.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Technically, it’s catch it with one hand and then time the other to cup the ball and secure it in the first hand. It’s the lack of that timing that leads to most bare-handed drops.

In my case, it's not playing ball in years that caused it.  The velocity at which the ball dropped caught me by surprise.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Craig Monroe story is gonna either blow up or he's just going to disappear.  @tigersjuk has a bunch of really weird stuff.

I think i'll leave it at that and let folks pull that thread themselves.

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Craig Monroe story is gonna either blow up or he's just going to disappear.  @tigersjuk has a bunch of really weird stuff.

I think i'll leave it at that and let folks pull that thread themselves.

Wow, I had blocked that account so hadn't seen it.

And there's a Joel Zumaya drive-by as well.

6 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I love some C-Mo but i also liked Rod Allen.  I’m no fan of whatever the hell is going to come of this.  

I don't like CMo as an announcer but I don't like hearing this type of story from any woman when she was a child against a grown man. If it all checks out, he should pay. Very disturbing.

58 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Wow, I had blocked that account so hadn't seen it.

And there's a Joel Zumaya drive-by as well.

I unfollowed him a while ago, because he posts frequently and nothing he posts has any value.  

• Like 1

The allegations are horrific, but I’m reminded of the BS that Bauer endured.  This is tricky—it’s a man’s reputation and livelihood at stake, but you have to support the victim, if true.

Edited by Tenacious D

I wonder what kind of support this woman has around her.  She says she is in therapy.  There are avenues for Justice that a therapist should have advised on. She gives the impression nobody is listening to her.  Isn’t law enforcement the first stop in getting justice?  Maybe she has nobody and little money to afford attorneys.  

5 minutes ago, oblong said:

I wonder what kind of support this woman has around her.  She says she is in therapy.  There are avenues for Justice that a therapist should have advised on. She gives the impression nobody is listening to her.  Isn’t law enforcement the first stop in getting justice?  Maybe she has nobody and little money to afford attorneys.  

It's incredibly hard to get someone arrested without proof. Especially if it happened very far in the past. But this woman says other people were involved...that may make it easier. Is she looking for a payday? I hate to say that but it's happened before. False accusations ruins lives. Not even sure why this has been made public, police wouldn't let an open investigation become public knowledge.