Week Twelve: Green Bay Packers (4-6) @ Detroit Lions (8-2)

MichiganCardinal

On 11/20/2023 at 12:19 PM, MichiganCardinal said:

Would be nice. I expect the Packers to come out swinging. They got embarrassed at their place the last time we saw them.

The Lions should be the ones that come out swinging with being at home on Thanksgiving following arguably their worst performance of the Campbell era. Add in that the Packers have a lot of injuries and I'd be disappointed and a bit concerned if this wasn't a double digit victory.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

...I also concede that I am just a fan and not a 15 year NFL vet like Glenn was on top of all of his coaching history. Between him and Campbell there has to be a reason why they are reluctant to other than them just being terrible at what they do. 

Yes.

This is just a message board and by definition this is where we cite our expertise as armchair coaches, myself included. From this seat, I embrace 8-2 and currently the #2 seed. I think evidence supports that our offense is what will carry us in tight games. Is this team strong enough to make a run to a conference championship game. At this point I say yes.  Room for improvement ... always.

I did not expect this much at this point and we still have 7 weeks to go.  Lots will happen between here and there. 

Still, as lordstanley said earlier, blowouts are welcome.

Edited by KnoxP

Jordan Love is not Justin Fields, he lacks the playmaking ability, elusivness, and game breaking speed. We should be able to stifle Green Bay's offense and win up front today. On offense, you certainly hope to see Jared Goff bounce back and play like the Goff that has become the norm. Don't turn the ball over and we can win this by a TD or more. 

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Jordan Love is not Justin Fields, he lacks the playmaking ability, elusivness, and game breaking speed. We should be able to stifle Green Bay's offense and win up front today. On offense, you certainly hope to see Jared Goff bounce back and play like the Goff that has become the norm. Don't turn the ball over and we can win this by a TD or more. 

Goff always seems to throw the ball into tight windows. He gets away with it with his arm strength and receivers who catch the ball. St. Brown is a good example.

Green Bay is 21st in the league in total team offense. If Aaron Glenn's defense gets lit up again today that is going to be a continuing point of concern for me. This is a game that we should be able to keep Green Bay to two TDs or less today.

I expect this team to come out and clean up the mistakes they made last week against Chicago. Goff won't be turning the ball over and will rebound back This defense should be able to stifle Jordan Love. I think they are going to show their desire to be a better, more consistent team and take out any frustration that is lingering from last week against Green Bay. They want to show they are a better, more complete than the one that struggled and made mistakes last week against the Bears. Anchored by a running game that will bounce back, I think Goff is going to come out and show us the QB we know he really is. 

Blowouts aren't a common occurrence in the NFL so I don't expect that. This should be a 2 score victory and I think it's Lions 28 - Packers 17.